HELP! I'm a failure!

Options
13»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    OK, so you guys are saying to get a food scale and a heart rate monitor.... good ideas. How do you use a food scale? like if I was going to measure out my cottage cheese and pinapple, how to I use the food scale for that?

I really like this post to explain some of the basics of how to use a food scale: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1290491/how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

• Katniss12Peeta
    Katniss12Peeta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    adnaram wrote: »
    for water- I have a big glass before every meal, in the morning, before bed, before every snack. It helps to have a bottle that you like and is easy to carry around with you. I always forget to drink, too. oh! and I drink a full bottle whenever I'm in the car. it's easy there cause there's nothing else to do but drive. once you ARE getting enough water, you'll be a lot more sensitive to when you're getting dehydrated and you'll want water more.

Thats a good idea. I drive 1 hour every day. I can chug in the car!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Remember this: Consistency + time = success.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Have you estimated what your deficient is? If it is not high then you would try to be more precise in counting your food calories and you should probably count less for the calories for exercise because the machine estimates are usually too high.

If you are estimating about 400 calories for exercise, eating all of those back, and not being super precise in calculating your food calories, your deficient is likely not super high so it will take more time to see the results.

How often do you weigh? I find it hard to tell if I have lost a pound or not since my weight fluctuates so much, esp with water weight around your that time of the month. I weigh everyday and just look for treads. After a while I see new lows and never see higher weights again but sometimes it takes more than 1 month.... If you are doing everything right, then maybe you just need more time to see the results. If you are losing half a pound a week, a month is only about 2lbs, I go up and down 5 pounds from day to day so I can't say for sure when I have actually lost 2lbs. You can also buy a tape measure and measure yourself to check size in addition to weight.

If you are being precise with your calorie counts and the scale does not move according to your estimated deficient after 2 or 3 months then maybe you need to see a doctor to check why your metabolism is so slow.