Mexican Paleo

Options

Replies

• Captaincove
    Captaincove Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and Scallop fajita with Onions, Peppers and lots of guacamole. Delicious!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    caminoslo wrote: »
    What is the most paleo-friendly meal I can order at a Mexican restaurant?

Thanks in advance.

The inside of a chile verde burrito with lots of salsa and cheese. maybe even an avocado. sour cream is good too. and always water
    NO TORTILLA AND NO RICE AND NO BEANS without those three your good, btw tortilla chips are bad.. stick only to water

You don't know what's paleo and not do you?

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

The inside of a chile verde burrito with lots of salsa and cheese. maybe even an avocado. sour cream is good too. and always water
    I bolded the things that aren't paleo...arbitrary diet restrictions are arbitrary.

z205099164.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance.

NO TORTILLA AND NO RICE AND NO BEANS without those three your good, btw tortilla chips are bad.. stick only to water

Well, shoot. Way to suck the fun out of Mexican. Are you eliminating the mariachis, too?

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    As a Mexican, I disapprove of this post.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good to see that the new forums have cut back on the trolling, and abuse. :D
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Cut out almost everything good and tasty.

You now have paleo mexican. I'll have extra rice and beans for you with my carnitas tonight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Now, to answer: mexican, or "tex-mex", or "new mexican"? If it's really mexican food: FISH.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    And the white knighting.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    And the white knighting.

And rapid flagging.

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    And the white knighting.

Indeed. Couldn't have forums without someone to scold those who don't act the way they feel people should act.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and Scallop fajita with Onions, Peppers and lots of guacamole. Delicious!

Many restaurants use sour cream in their guacamole, so that may not be Paleo.

I thought nightshades (peppers) were excluded but that seems vary based on who you ask.

It's also unlikely that a restaurant will be paying the extra bucks for wild caught seafood.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »
    And the white knighting.

And rapid flagging.
    flagging in the new world order is absurd. I've gotten a few myself already. Usually after I reply to "steve".

• PRMinx
    Options
    And the white knighting.

And rapid flagging.
    flagging in the new world order is absurd. I've gotten a few myself already. Usually after I reply to "steve".

I can't imagine anything you would get flagged for. I mean that seriously. Who is Steve?
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance.

the waiter.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    And the white knighting.

And rapid flagging.

I can't imagine anything you would get flagged for. I mean that seriously. Who is Steve?
    You know. The guy with the doctor's profile with the smart looking glasses. No matter what the question, he replies with: download this guy's book on "breakfast is the least important meal" and read it. And he cites a physiology book over and over....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/steve098/profile/steve098?target=&redirected=true
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Thanks in advance.

the waiter.
    That depends.

• PRMinx
    Options
    And the white knighting.

And rapid flagging.

You know. The guy with the doctor's profile with the smart looking glasses. No matter what the question, he replies with: download this guy's book on "breakfast is the least important meal" and read it. And he cites a physiology book over and over....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/steve098/profile/steve098?target=&redirected=true

Ohhhhh, yep. Thanks for the heads up.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    And the white knighting.

And rapid flagging.

And dog piles

• Sabine_Stroehm
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    And the white knighting.

And rapid flagging.

And dog piles
    You know it.

ETA: oh lookie, another DING on my account.

This is gonna be a hoot.