I think Fall is my downfall.

Options
I haven't lost a pound since Labor Day. And I know exactly why: I can't resist fall treats! Between pumpkin beer, salted caramel bars, Halloween candy and other fall themed foods, beverages and baked goods, every weekend has been a festival of food! I keep trying to get back on track and failing miserably. Granted, I haven't gained any weight, but after steadily losing weight all spring and summer, my lack of progress is frustrating. I know it's my own fault and I'm not looking for sympathy. I just figure that by coming back to the forums (it's been awhile since my last post) which have been so helpful to me in times of weakness will spur me toward some better behavior. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a good, healthy weekend!

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Pumpkin beer rocks and the Halloween candy has been out on my counter for weeks now. So many temptations! I have found just having one little treat a day keeps me satiated and able to stay within my goals on the weekend, which is where I really tend to falter.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!! Maybe instead of restricting myself and taking an all or nothing approach, I'll have to be more balanced.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    salted carmel bars? care to explain what they are......
  • He1loKitty
    Options
    Base layer shortbread, middle layer salted caramel, top layer dark chocolate. Like a grown up twix bar. At the risk of getting flagged, want me to share the recipe? They're not low fat, low carb or low sugar and are probably my biggest temptation.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    lol, nope, thanks for the reciepe, but I have my annual physical in December and I have to stay focused, lol.....sounds absolutely tasty........

Id really like to try them but will pass......sigh..........thanks for the reply
  • He1loKitty
    Options
    I admire your resistance! Don't let my weakness become yours too! Lol. And sorry to pose the temptation! Good luck at your physical in December. I'm sure you'll do great! :)
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I hear you too! Not just the treats but football season means tailgating and all sorts of events at bars.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Fall is where I typically stall out too. Football, beer, pumpkin bread, early sunsets, colder mornings and sweatpants...

This year I'm trying to break the cycle so I can take 2 steps forward and no steps back.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I hear you but I've found that there's always something to derail you... Fall, Holidays, Easter, then it's Summer with barbecues and ice cream... The key is to try and learn moderation.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!
    I"ve only lost 1/2 a lb since Labor Day. I haven't gained at least...but my brain is already in hibernation mode.
  • Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    I love fall and all treats as well. Football is hard too with food. I can resist BBQ foods all summer but the food and activities that come along with fall is so much harder. My weight loss has slowed and it will only get harder until after the holidays for me.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Be thankful you are maintaining. :D
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you are geographically, though, the weather is PERFECT outside right now! Go outside and play, then eat all the autumn foods.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Pretend its Summer then and keep focused.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I am 100% experiencing the same issues. The fall always is a toughy for me. It's dark and cold and there is all comfort foods... as for @AliceDark comment regarding geographically dependent, being perfect to go outside... I'm in northern Canada - Nope! Haha. It's cold and windy and has been raining (which could turn to snow at any moment) No one wants to go outside here. I want to eat the comforting pasta dish, then the hot apple pie, then sit infront of the fireplace wrapped in a blanket. lol.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am almost glad I live in the Uk where we do not get any of these things...almost. I must admit, it would make life more interesting if I could at least try some of these pumpkin themed goodies.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    He1loKitty wrote: »
    I haven't lost a pound since Labor Day. And I know exactly why: I can't resist fall treats! Between pumpkin beer, salted caramel bars, Halloween candy and other fall themed foods, beverages and baked goods, every weekend has been a festival of food! I keep trying to get back on track and failing miserably. Granted, I haven't gained any weight, but after steadily losing weight all spring and summer, my lack of progress is frustrating. I know it's my own fault and I'm not looking for sympathy. I just figure that by coming back to the forums (it's been awhile since my last post) which have been so helpful to me in times of weakness will spur me toward some better behavior. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a good, healthy weekend!
    Now, I'm starving! :'(
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, my personal fav
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I know, it's so hard to pass things up. I try to fit extra stuff like that into my calorie goal or do some extra workouts. I also try to stay focused on my end goal. Sometimes it's worth it, but sometimes not!
  • He1loKitty
    Options
    Thank you everyone who replied to commiserate! I hope you all do well this fall with losing, maintenance or whatever your personal goals are. I'm trying to get back on track since posting. I did okay this weekend, not great but good enough that I think this will be a good week. :)