Which cell phone do you own?

daisyverma
daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 but want to change to a newer phone, due to charging and battery issues.

Cant decide between all the options out there (Iphone 6, Nexus 6, OnePlus One etc..).

Im impartial to android and OS

Which cell phone do you use? Android vs OS - which is better?

Do you find one supports weight loss and fitness "better" in terms of apps & devices available?

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    I have the same phone as you do with probably the same battery charging issues. bought a new batter, didn't help. personally, i think that aside from slightly faster processors, differences in storage space, and quality of camera... they are essentially all the same. Except for perhaps the fitness thing, as far as i know the new galaxy and Iphone are the only ones that are incorperating fitness aspects directly into the hardware... but that will probably change in a month or two.
    As far as Android vs iOS... i thought you'd have to be a pretty advanced techie to run into issues where the iphone was not customizable enough for you. I was wrong. The damn thing will not and cannot run adobie flash.... wtf? you can get like 5000 different kinds of video players, keyboards, etc for android, not really the case for iOS.
    If you started out on an iphone... i could see one getting dupped into thinking apples way is THE best way... but thats the thing, Android give you all sorts of options, with an Iphone its apple's way or the highway
  • daisyverma
    has anyone had experience with the OnePlus One

i love how its so customizable but wonder if devices such as a HRM or FitBit kind of device would sync with it
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    daisyverma wrote: »
    I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 but want to change to a newer phone, due to charging and battery issues.

Cant decide between all the options out there (Iphone 6, Nexus 6, OnePlus One etc..).

Do you find one supports weight loss and fitness "better" in terms of apps & devices available?

there are a lot of options, and, odds are, whatever you get will be a fabulous piece of technology. As far as the better operating system, i think that usually depends on what you want out of it. Again, both are pretty nice.

I can't speak to how Android supports Health apps, but I do know that I have a few on my iphone, including their integrated "Health" app. Right now, the health app isn't all that wonderful as you have to enter in all the data points for each category, but it looks like what it will do is pull info from other apps - like my Fitbit app or, hopefully, my MFP app in order to get data about my calories and exercise.

i think most devices have apps for both platforms. however, if you use Nike+, i think that it was originally deigned for iOS, so maybe the app is slightly better on that.

I wouldn't worry too much about the device. I mean, as much of a decision it is, I am pretty certain you will not hate whatever you get and that there will be plenty of apps to meet your needs.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    I have the Galaxy S4. I love it but I want the Note 4
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Galaxy S4, and it's wonderful.
  • daisyverma
    I dont think I will get a Samsung again..the s3 has let me down
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    iPhone 6
  • daisyverma

there are a lot of options, and, odds are, whatever you get will be a fabulous piece of technology. As far as the better operating system, i think that usually depends on what you want out of it. Again, both are pretty nice.

I can't speak to how Android supports Health apps, but I do know that I have a few on my iphone, including their integrated "Health" app. Right now, the health app isn't all that wonderful as you have to enter in all the data points for each category, but it looks like what it will do is pull info from other apps - like my Fitbit app or, hopefully, my MFP app in order to get data about my calories and exercise.

i think most devices have apps for both platforms. however, if you use Nike+, i think that it was originally deigned for iOS, so maybe the app is slightly better on that.

I wouldn't worry too much about the device. I mean, as much of a decision it is, I am pretty certain you will not hate whatever you get and that there will be plenty of apps to meet your needs.

True ..there are so many choices !! And pricing is a concern ..canada has terrible phone plans and deals

• fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    I have a Sony Xperia Z2.....and I love it!!!:)
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Switched from iPhone to Android (HTC one) and I'm never going back!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    I still have a flip cell. No one ever steals any of info. I don't want anyone calling me anyway. :#
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Don't own one :smiley:
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still have a flip cell. No one ever steals any of info. I don't want anyone calling me anyway. :#

<3

I have a sleek, sexy Sanyo Vero 3820 flip phone with extra large number keys for the poor sighted and stubby fingered. It has a vibrate ringer feature and can make calls.

• Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    I had a Galaxy S3 and was an avid droid fan but switched it the iPhone 5S last year and I love it.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Old, old school.....Motorola Razr ;)
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    has anyone had experience with the OnePlus One

i love how its so customizable but wonder if devices such as a HRM or FitBit kind of device would sync with it

I've got it and it's great! I used the Cyanogenmod launcher on my previous phone, so it's just like home for me. My Fitbit syncs like a boss.
  • sourpower434
    sourpower434 Posts: 47 Member
    Iphone 5S and I hate it
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Samsung Galaxy S3 here too. It's my first smartphone and really love it. Might hang on to it for another year or so. :smile: