Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweat During Workout

Okay I know there have been a million threads about this but I feel terrible.

So today and a couple tines before this ,I didn't sweat as much as much as usually .I do the same workout everyday and it makes me think like days like today I don't work as hard....I when I know I do .Does sweating less mean you burn less calories that day?.cause when this happens I always eat less calories cause it makes me feel like I don't burn as much.

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    No, it is not related to burning calories. It is related to the fluid balance of your body. Be certain to hydrate well, and keep the sodium low.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Not necessarily. A fit person can have a 10 minute slow jog without breaking a sweat and a beginner of the same weight can barely complete it and finish all drenched and panting, yet both have burned roughly the same calories.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Sweating means little. You can work up a good sweat just sitting outside in the summer. Does that mean you got a good workout? Of course not.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    I've wondered and agonized over the same question - good thread. Thanks.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Sweating is the body's method of cooling itself. All it means if you didn't sweat much is that your body felt it was adequately cooled for the level of effort. It could mean you weren't working as hard, or it could mean it was cooler than normal wherever you were working out and there was no need for extra shedding of heat.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    What glevinso said.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Sweating means little. You can work up a good sweat just sitting outside in the summer. Does that mean you got a good workout? Of course not.

Aww... come on!! Of course it's a workout!! :grin:
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Aww... come on!! Of course it's a workout!! :grin:

If I am sitting outside in the summer I am usually doing 12oz curls while I am at it. Those count as exercise right?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Maybe it's cooler, maybe your conditioning has improved so that the same workout isn't the same amount of work for you, maybe you're dehydrated...?