Trying to maintain my weight at 53 to 54kg

Options
I am trying to maintain my weight but afraid that if i increase my calorie intake i would end up gaining the weight that i have lost...I have been so restrictive with my calorie intake all this while that now I am starting the binge and fast cycle...It did help me maintain my weight but i wanna do it in a healthy way...I am always afraid to add food with high fat and sugar into my diet but when I do I would end up in a binge....need some advise and help....

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    What you're describing sounds like an eating disorder. Food is not the enemy and a cycle of binging and fasting and constantly worrying about weight isn't healthy and can be disastrous to your health and well being. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Good health makes it possible to achieve your goals and dreams for your life.

Is there someone you could talk to who could help you find a qualfied therapist? If not, please contact the National Eating Disorders Association (http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/). They have a toll-free conidential hotline.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Up your cals and realize you will gain5-7lbs in glycogen/water weight. After this gain you should see yourself level off and maintain just fine.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Up your cals and realize you will gain5-7lbs in glycogen/water weight. After this gain you should see yourself level off and maintain just fine.

This.
    A 1 Kg range is very restrictive and very hard to maintain. You might want to think about increasing that range.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »

This.
    A 1 Kg range is very restrictive and very hard to maintain. You might want to think about increasing that range.

This. You will gain initially but remember that it's not fat! It will fall off and then you will be eating properly.

I'm 49kg and I maintain on average of 2000 calories a day, of which I eat every single one! :)
  • winter520
    Options
    Thx for all the replies and opinions... It has been 3 consecutive days that I have increased my calorie intake to about 1400 calories a day to see how it goes...so far i have gained probably 1 pound this morning when i weigh myself but I think its just water weight...hopefully tomorrow morning when I weigh myself I would not freak out...
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You want to see that ~5lb jump on the scale. This means you have filled your glycogen stores! Filling those stores is key to finding your balancing point. Till you have filled them you will see quick jumps in weight. You are going to maintain ~5lbs heavier than your low weight it's just the way it is! If you have to maintain at a particular weight on reasonable cals you have to drop ~5lbs below your goal.

1400 is not enough!