Not a Success Story exactly... but a wake-up call!

Options
This was me..... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/712335-ruined-my-body-lifting-heavy-sadly-with-pics?hl=heavy+lifting+ruined&page=20#posts-12329222....

I fought hard to lose the weight that I had packed on for nearly 40 years. I never before had worked out or watched a thing that I ate. My body showed it! I was fat, outta shape, miserable....and wanting more...

I found this site by accident actually. It helped me drop 40 pounds. The support was amazing....but I got so caught up in the attention that I lost focus of why I was here... to look better and to be healthier. I gained 20 pounds back this winter. partially due to a knee injury and partially due to pure laziness!

So... fast forward a few days ago...I hated the way I was feeling...looked...so I rejoined. Somehow, it seems more important. The clicks and the flirts, not nearly as important as the weight loss and the healthy lifestyle. Don't get me wrong. I immediately friended some of my old friends.... I have learned that doing this alone is much harder than having friends with a like mission!

So the point of this post...from a very random middle aged southern chick? Push yourself hard, believe you can do ANYTHING! ( This is for another post!). and friend strong, like minded folks here....

Replies

• 2old2befat
    2old2befat Posts: 21
    Options
    I come from an abusive background. It took so much for me to do this and actually think I looked good! Kinda kickicking myself that I stopped last year when I had come so far! Not anymore!! I am gonna rock a bikini this summer!!! PERIOD!
  • queenjustine03
    queenjustine03 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your previous weight loss! You look great!!!! Get back to it, I'm sure you had tons of compliments at that point! :) You're still beautiful, but do it for yourself :) You've done it before, you know you can do it again!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Your previous success thread was very memorable. You are still a success :smile: - I think we almost need to be be shown what it is to lose focus and priority in order to have those priorities solidified for life, you know? Besides, injuries happen, distractions happen - our responses are important. You've chosen to keep sight of your goals and your health. Good work :).

You are a beautiful woman, by the way!
  • 2old2befat
    Options
    Thank you. I hope this post for someone that has back slidden a little. I have a lot! But I am determined to get back to my bikini body!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So happy that you're back girl! We can do this together ;)
  • 2old2befat
    Options
    Yes maam my purdy friend!! We got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!