I DID IT!!!! (130+ pounds lost)

Options
jess031988
jess031988 Posts: 36 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
I started In November 2013 but got really into loosing weight that December.
A lot of people ask how I did it that fast, the only thing I can say is I strictly counted calories, always measured food and stopped eating processed food and eliminated soda (No more 4L a day) I also kicked out my sweet tooth (In my case teeth) and stopped eating chocolate. Within the last 4 months I have taken up running and REALLY enjoy it as it helps my anxiety and I am now off my medications because it has calmed me so much. I do 60 minutes of cardio three times a week, and 90 minutes on Friday and Saturday so I can have a treat with friends, and to be honest it's realistic for me as I have found a new love for the gym and the gym life. I have made awesome gym buddies that are huge support systems for me and I couldn't be happier.

Over the last couple of year I gained weight because I had become so depressed over my fathers passing and relationship problems. I always ate my feelings so my days always consisted of 4-5 chocolate bars, fast food at least 2 times in the day and at least 4L or more of coke a day, this is not including various unhealthy snacks. I was so unhappy and was diagnosed with PCOS, my insulin was so out of whack and my hair was falling out I was a mess. I still have issues with my hair, I have started taking vitamins and trying to get my hormones in check but I'm sure it will take some time :(

One day I said enough, I hated how I looked. I always felt ugly and uncomfortable and if I seen anyone laughing in public I was sure they were laughing at me, I didn't want to eat in front of people because I knew they thought I was nasty. I honestly felt so ugly as my co-workers would make jabs at me for being so unhealthy and working as a nurse, I felt so so low and at one point contemplated serious thoughts that could have really hurt the ones who loved me no matter what, so instead of feeling low I thought" I'm going to do this", and this time it was different. I immediately started logging on MFP, I had tried it before and I charted my first "healthy day", it was over 3000 cals by the way and I thought to myself "wow, even healthy me is horrible", so I modified it until I got to a healthy Calorie goal set out by my doctor and went along my way. I had good days, bad days, and sad days and I had failures and successes and I embraced it all, this time a bad day didn't mean the end it meant I learned what not to do next times and I learned to not be so hard on myself if I slip up because we are all human, we rise and we fall (Hopefully my will power will raise, and my weight fall ;)

I'm happy, I have fun dressing like a girl and feel like a 26 year old again. I actually love who I have become in this journey of life, so on to the next.

Here is me at 295 ish? (Progress Pic)

14mx5pf.jpg

100 pounds gone (Still not too happy @ 198)

2a7dapj.jpg

Now at 180
t6ozdu.jpg

166.... 2 pounds to go!!!
21orj4p.jpg

FINALLY 164...!!!!
s4yik2.jpg

I would like to change my goal weight from 164 to 140, when I weighed 290 pounds 164 seemed like it could never happen, and here I am. I think I'm happy with my progress but I'm still not 100% happy and would really like to gain muscle and loose another 20+ pounds.

I know the question of loose skin will come up and I have a bit on my tummy, although I always have since I had my two sons. My legs and arms are fine since I started working out often and I believe I got VERY lucky as I know loose skin can be a huge deal with loosing over 100 pounds. All in all, I am way happy with my body then ever!

Replies

• liltarn
    liltarn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations. You look amazing.
  • NaomiNoel21
    NaomiNoel21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great. And I just wanted to say that your eyebrows are perf btw.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Great job. You are an inspiration to the rest of us.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    wow. is all i can say. what a difference.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I find it amazing how much younger people, women in particular, look after losing a substantial amount of weight. You look great.

ENJOY
  • Fit90skid
    Fit90skid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of you well done.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation
  • jess031988
    jess031988 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Than you everyone for the kind words :)
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. you've done so well
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    HUGE congratulations! You are super inspiring (*)
    I am also a PCOS soul cyster and I have 42lbs to go to get to my goal of healthy. Thank you for your fantastic post showing it can be done! I have been working since October last year, and I hope to complete in time for my 24th birthday in the summer.

I have hair loss with the PCOS as well, mine is so bad I choose to wear a wig because it was getting me down so badly. I have had great luck getting my hormones balancing with a natural supplement called Agnus Castus (also sometimes called Vitex). If you are struggling it is well worth a go. My cycle is pretty much regular as clockwork now, it's amazing!

Thank you again and enjoy maintenance! You've earned it!! (*) (*) (*)
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely stunning (including your before picture) and your transformation is just incredible.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Amazing well done!
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Very nice. Great job!

Keep your muscle in mind with your weight goal, dropping so and adding muscle might be too far, you might want to drop 10 and add muscle.
  • eranganm8
    eranganm8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you have grown younger... :smiley:
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! :D
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thanks for the inspiring post! (Also, those skeleton clothes are super adorable).
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look phenominal!! I have just started out and have a similar goal weight to you (at 266lb) and am a similar age to you. How tall are you?
    You look so much younger too! (no doubt because you are feeling better in yourself) I also love your style! Gorgeous.
  • Monna2
    Monna2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome...gooood job

How many calories did you eat?
  • kunalloser
    kunalloser Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Amazing success. Congrats.
  • rebeccajanedecker
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look awesome. Even though you didn't smile in any of your pics, you look so much happier now. You look a lot younger too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!