Would you buy a house where a child was allegedly murdered?

Options

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Way I see it is, if you're not planning on *allegedly" murdering a child there, there is no problem with the house. You can't help actions that went before and you have every opportunity to make it a happy place
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird but Feng Shui says history often repeats itself in houses. Doesn't mean a child would be killed again but the negative and abusive thoughts and disharmony could exist
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I would not buy a house where a child was allegedly murdered. I would have to have it confirmed before even considering a purchase. I would consider a house built on a disturbed ancient native american burial site as a fall back position.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You are in a tough situation home and financial ways. Sounds like this is not an investment for you - it's shelter for you and your family. If you believe that there may be a spirit, then have someone bless/cleanse the house for you before you move in. If you don't believe in spirits, then the only problem is resale value and accepting that the house has a past.

Plenty of older homes out there have had tragic deaths occur within their walls, yet folks live full and happy lives in them. Best wishes as you make your next move..
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ummmm I just watched American Horror Story, so my answer is, no way in hell.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Uhhh, yes? It's just a house.

1650 Salem Massachusetts called. They want their superstition back.
  • FluffyFluffins
    FluffyFluffins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Logically I would be yeah sure. But as a person who can't handle creepy things, I would blame every creak, every thump, every tap and every sound, including the house settling or a person opening the microwave door, on the ghost of that child. And I don't even believe in ghosts.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Nope. The dead like my family enough as it is.
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it. Yeah it sucks and terrible. But terrible things happen everywhere and if we avoided them all we'd end up missing out on some real beauty and happiness in things/places. Avoiding places because of 'bad' is making the 'bad' win. *shrug* Its how you look at it and how you chose to perceive it.

Then again if I got to buy a house and like the exorcist was there I may have to move lol
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    So????? What will you do????????
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    No i believe in spirits...not my type of place to live.
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I couldn't. As a mother I'm extremely emotional when it comes to things involving children, I couldn't live in a home with such a sad history. However I did buy my home knowing the history of it and that the elderly woman who lived here before us passed away in the bath tub. (non violent, she was 97) I replaced the tub when we remodeled the bathroom and I have no issues.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    As long as the coroner has removed the body and the crime scene has been sanitized.
  • Tbaby1514
    Options
    Tbaby1514 wrote: »
    I couldn't. As a mother I'm extremely emotional when it comes to things involving children, I couldn't live in a home with such a sad history. However I did buy my home knowing the history of it and that the elderly woman who lived here before us passed away in the bath tub. (non violent, she was 97) I replaced the tub when we remodeled the bathroom and I have no issues.

you might need to see someone about that.

See someone about what?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    depends on how good the deal is
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You should check the facts first to make sure it's true. If it supposedly happened only a week ago, how is it already up for sale?
  • Tbaby1514
    Options
    ^She saw that a week ago the guy was in court for it, not that it happened a week ago.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in ghosts. My concern would be more about whether cleanup was done properly, since this was so recent and there may still be blood-borne pathogens. You may need to buy a few cases of Lysol to be safe as far as that goes. Otherwise, no problem.