Food not syncing with Bodymedia, tried posting in Tech but wouldn't let me

Options
I have tried un-linking the accounts, re-installing the apps, logging out of both accounts, ect. Nothing is working. My activity is being brought over from BodyMedia, but food is not going over. The problem started after breakfast this morning. Any suggestions or help with this issue would be appreciated.

Replies

• jbg640
    jbg640 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the exact problem but if I unlink and relink accounts it sends the food log to Bodymedia one time and I have to do this everytime...something is def wrong not sure if is on MFP side or Bodymedia
  • cprati
    cprati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    jbg640 wrote: »
    I have the exact problem but if I unlink and relink accounts it sends the food log to Bodymedia one time and I have to do this everytime...something is def wrong not sure if is on MFP side or Bodymedia

^^I have to do the same thing.
  • jbg640
    jbg640 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know Bodymedia was acquired by jawbone they might be doing some update or trying to integrate servers hope they fix it soon..I have email both MFP and Bodymedia about this issue
  • lovechattys
    lovechattys Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For me un-linking and relinking only worked once. Can't get them to re-sync the food data. Guess I will have to do it manually over there till it gets fixed.
  • lovechattys
    Options
    Well it's not syncing again. BodyMedia says it's on this end. Can we get this looked into? And I have done the logging out and in, un-linking and linking many times.
  • 1Blackshoe
    1Blackshoe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, always only logged one meal a day, now nothing.
  • nlmillervt
    nlmillervt Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've unlinked and relinked every day this week. Although I was able get today's data to update, yesterday's never did.

I submitted a ticket to BodyMedia, and their response was:
    Thank you for contacting BodyMedia Customer Support.

I am sorry you are having trouble linking to MyFitness Pal. We do not have any reports at this time of our system causing the issue. Please contact MyFitnessPal customer support for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

• Adatso
    Options
    I'm glad I found this discussion. I just started with Bodymedia & MFP yesterday and thought I was doing something wrong. I have to relink to update food every time.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've also sent a support ticket to mfp and bodymedia. waiting to hear back, still.

Edit:

Heard back from mfp support:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the problem, and are currently working with BodyMedia on a resolution. We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Same here as well... Nothing is syncing to BodyMedia...
  • lovechattys
    Options
    Well I hope it gets fixed soon
  • Rettsy
    Rettsy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to manually add calories/meals in the BodyMedia program? I can't figure out how to do that - it just says I get my calorie info from an third party source and does not seem to give me the option to input anything. Thanks.
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue here for the last few days and it is so frustrating!!!!!
  • SkinEKristin
    SkinEKristin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this because I have been having the same problem and getting very frustrated about it! Glad to know they are aware of the problem and hopefully will get it fixed soon!
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'd say everyone should e-mail customer support. if they hear from lots of us, maybe they'll put priority on fixing it.

you can do so here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • harpo03
    harpo03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Please fix!
  • Adatso
    Options
    Still not working, but received this from Bodymedia:

"Thank you for contacting BodyMedia Customer Support. MyFitness Pal was having server issues which was preventing the transfer of data. The issue seems to be resolved at this time.

Thank you for your patience."
  • lovechattys
    Options
    Rettsy wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to manually add calories/meals in the BodyMedia program? I can't figure out how to do that - it just says I get my calorie info from an third party source and does not seem to give me the option to input anything. Thanks.
    You have to go into preferences and choose to log or estimate calories. I chose to estimate at the end of the day. I just put in the number MyFitnessPal gives me, a lot faster.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My food is still not syncing to bodymedia. I've been having the problem all week!
  • Rettsy
    Rettsy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have to go into preferences and choose to log or estimate calories. I chose to estimate at the end of the day. I just put in the number MyFitnessPal gives me, a lot faster.

Great, thank you - that is much easier. I only wish you could do it retroactively to fill in incomplete days from the past week or so that the sync has been out of whack.

As an aside, the BodyMedia food log is terrible! Messing around with that makes me appreciate MFP's database and interface.