Saying Hi

Options
Mudler
Mudler Posts: 45 Member
Hi all. I'm new to this. I'm 52, male and overweight, most of which is on my belly. I've tried with little or no success to lose weight several times. I discovered this thing when someone said about it on another site i chat on and wow, what can i say, this thing is just brilliant. been on it 2 weeks now and yeah, of course, some cravings and discomfort at times but overall it's brilliant. Wendy my wife is also giving it a try as well now.

I do have a question. I have no reliable original weight to go from as the scales we originally used were rubbish. We've replaced them now with good accurate ones but in effect, my weight went up according to the numbers. it's didn't actually go up, I just had the wrong weight measurement in the fist place. So, week 1, I lost 2 pounds no problem. Now on week 2, i'm taking it more seriously, doing more exercise and eating less. But and this is my question...For this week, despite my best efforts, my weight seems to have stayed pretty much the same.

Is this just unlucky or is there some biological reason for this?

Replies

• rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That happens to me a lot of times. There are lots of factors that affect our weight, as we all know.
    Just track your food and exercise everyday.
    With that, you will know if you have been eating within your goals, plus you will know how much calories you burned.

51901306.png}
  • Mudler
    Mudler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you china. The only real prob is. You give up all the cakes and nice stuff for a week, then you go see your new weight, excitedly and you're crushed with disappointment, LOL, it's the same as last week. i feel i need to be given back a bit, just a small bit of encouragement, LOL, Know what I mean?
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Mudler. Nice to meet you. I have been using MFP for over 3 years now and have lost about 228lbs. This is possible I promise you. You don't have to give up all your foods either its about learning balance and learning how to fit the items you do want in with the healthier choices. :) Learning this doesnt happen overnight it takes time. I started slowly with exercise just walking at first. Over the last 3 years this has turned into eating "cleaner" less processed foods more natural veggies and protein and now exercising 6 days a week. I still have candy, I still have cake just in moderation and if I want it I make it fit into my calorie goals :) You can do this I promise just one small step at a time :) Feel free to send me a friend request if you would like :)
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is having people that encourage me and keep me accountable. Feel free to add me, happy to help however I can. ankdworak
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

Your profile cracked me up! :D

In regards to your question, there can be a multitude of reasons for the stalled progress. HOWEVER you have only started so ... give your body a chance to catch up to this new way of life.

You may try to increase the intensity of your cardio to see if that will give things a nudge.

Best of luck to you!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me Mudler Im in the Uk and have similar challenge to you. Am off to the gym now, but will give you an answer when I get back. No dount forum members will answer it anyway. Your ticker says youve lost 15lbs our of 34, but in your post you only refer to 2lbs and 2 weeks?