Hey there couple of questions.

Options
Hey just new and have a couple of questions to ask.

1) does the iPhone 6 step counter accurate enough to use? Or just keep it off and try and stick to the basic calorie guide? I never put in my calories I burn of from walking about in work on the iPhone app health says I walk 21 miles a day I do walk for 7 hours a day then the gym 4 days a week but I never really put in my exercise and just stick to the basic calories is that a bad thing to do?

2) what's the best way to put in a takeaway had a treat last night for the first time in 3 weeks and always been under my calories everyday. Since I started using this app like a week ago. I had a beef chow main I used the search and used there take away one is that probably the best way to get a rough idea of the calorie intake?

3) should you weigh your self everyday and put it in the app or once a week fine?

Feel free to add me as a friend would be good to see how other people are doing. Username : Cmclaren59

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend uses the iPhone step count and it seems to match pretty closely with my Fitbit step counts, so it's a pretty good guide.

When having take-away I find whatever is a closest match in the database. It will always be an estimate but it's better than nothing.

Weighing once a week, using the same scales and at the same time of day is the best way to log your weight. Whether or not you choose to check your weight at other times through the week is personal preference.

Good luck in reaching your goals.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above but I weigh and record almost daily. I like to see the natural fluctuations and how high sodium or carb days change it. It helps me not freak out when I see sharp fluctuations. I can look back at my diary and say yes I am holding water because of X,y,z.
  • Billtrek613
    Options
    I agree weighing yesterday daily can be good, if you can mentally handle it. I would do it daily and fret if it went up significally. Now I do it once a week, though I occasionally take a mid week sneak peek. Feel free to friend me.