Number of servings?

brianhsu82
brianhsu82 Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Getting Started
I started logging my food 5 days ago, but I am not sure how to measure my serving per meal. I make my own food, and therefore enter the recipe manually. I assum 1 serving means whatever that I listed on the list (before they match your food items for you). Is that right?

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    The ones that say one servings are generally not so accurate because it's user input.
    It's better to weigh the individual pieces of your meal and enter separately (it gets easier after the first time because then the foods will be in your recent list).
    So say you're making..chicken pot pie. Rather than searching "chicken pot pie", you'd get better results if you built the recipe yourself under my recipies, or if you searched each ingridient-100g of chicken breast, 75g carrots, etc.
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    I'm not sure I understand you completely, but this is what I do: I manually enter a new recipe, name it, and make it 10 servings( to make the math easier.) I weigh out each ingredient and input each. Then cook it. After it is cooked i weigh the whole thing. If it is something like lasagne, I don't weigh it, but cut it into 10 servings. Once it is weighed I divide that number by 10 and weigh out portions by that number. ( I put the grams per serving in the title of my recipe so I remember) everytime I make it I reweigh it and change the grams in the title. Hope this helps.