How do you go about setting your goal?

2»

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited October 2014
    sumnerfan wrote:
    I haven't set a long term goal. I've set plenty of short ones, but I don't really know what my ultimate goal is. So, how did you set yours? How will you know when you're there?
    For weight, I want to be in a healthy range as determined by BMI. That's about another 45 lb down from where I am now.
    When I get there, I'll see how I feel, but might want to be as much as another 15 lb down, which would still put me in the upper 1/3 of the healthy range. I'm built big, so that's reasonable.
    Here's a BMI chart: http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf

I want my waist to be under 34", because that correlates with lower risk of health problems. (I'm currently right at 34, as of last Sunday, so this will happen soon.)

I want my waist to hip ratio to stay under 0.8 (currently 0.79), again because that correlates with lower risk of health problems.
    (For men, 1.0 is the goal, 'cause you don't have hips.) :smiley:
    http://www.healthyforms.com/helpful-tools/

I want to feel good, be happy with how I look, move well, exercise regularly (cardio & weights), and eat sensibly.
    I want my resting heart rate to be less than 60 & my blood pressure to stay in a healthy range.

I don't know what size clothes I'll end up in, because it's been so long since I was anything but fat. But looking at a size & measurement chart, I'm betting I'll be around a 10-12, based on inches & pounds lost so far, and still to go.

And it would be a real ego boost if men noticed me (in a good way) and wanted to date me.

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Forgot to include...:
    I'm also being amused with how much overlap I have on my belt.
    When I started in Jan., it barely tucked into the first loop on the front of my pants.
    Now I'm very close to having it tucked into the middle-back loop. :smiley:
    Wondering how much further around me it will go by the time I hit a healthy goal weight.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Originally, I set my goal weight so I could fit into my smallest pair of jeans in the closet. My goals have since shifted and I am now working on fitness goals. Oddly, this seems to have taken priority. I would rather obtain certain fitness goals and have the weight follow secondarily.
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    I have a pair of green pants I really want to fit. They are so cute. I'm not there yet. I may hang them up.