Protein powder, any good?

Options
Can anyone recommend some cheap protein powder in the UK? Preferably one without the E-numbers that is low-ish in calories...

Also, has anybody seen an increase in muscle gains after implementing protein shakes into their diet? ;)

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is really good, but it is a little pricey. You sort of get what you pay for in a way; sometimes whey is pumped with sweetner or just isn't good quality.

I'm sure quite a lot of people will recommend ON :)

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - you can have mine! I hate the stuff and find it totally unnecessary as I want to build strength but not mass, so a maintenance amount of protein is easily reached just eating a well balanced diet.
  • sherab
    sherab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress is great but not sure if available there.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    MyProtein - inexpensive and good.
  • pknjhh
    pknjhh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I prefer ionized whey protein. It is pretty much already digested. Very low everything in that. I use Elite but you can use any brand. The protein and nutrition facts are important. Where you pay is for taste. The cheaper protein does not mix well. Mid grade mixes well with decent taste. Then you have the high end like Species that mixes great, tastes great and is insanely expensive. Go with a mid grade whey protein that you think tastes good.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend some cheap protein powder in the UK? Preferably one without the E-numbers that is low-ish in calories...

Also, has anybody seen an increase in muscle gains after implementing protein shakes into their diet? ;)

Why would you care about the calories if you're on a bulk?

Protein helps build muscles, but isn't as important as you think on a bulk. Add calories, eat plenty of carbs(around half of your diet) and lift with plenty of volume with progression and you will have muscle gains.

Bodybuilders.com has plenty to protein supplements to choose from for more than a reasonable price.