100 lbs down (so far!)

Options
elyelyse
elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
so, this is more of a "work in progress" as opposed to a full-out success story before/after, but seeing these pictures side by side, I decided it was time to show off the results of my hard work. The left is early September of 2012, I was already down about 30ish pounds, and the right is tonight... ok I admit have spanx on under that dress lol, I just got home from a wedding. but the spanx were actually too big and just kept me from jiggling more than anything else.

around this time last year, my mother asked me if i would consider bariatric surgery. I understood the process and risks and I thought "oh, hell no. you know what, I'm gonna do this myself." That isn't to say I didn't have help. I don't think I'd have been able to do it without the help of my mother, my doctor, my therapist, the support of my friends, and MFP.

I counted calories, I made food choices that made it easier to stick to that goal, I aimed for good nutrition but also allowed for the things I love in moderation. I learned that I really can eat anything I want... I just can't eat as much as I want of all the things I want all of the time. I learned to set small goals and be patient. I started walking and hiking, and over the past 6 weeks or so even started running. I feel like weight loss was a puzzle, but a solvable one, and once I figured out what the pieces are and how they fit together it just worked.

I've still got a ways to go, but I don't feel like "the fat girl" anymore. I don't feel like my weight is the first thing people notice about me, and I don't spend my days avoiding myself in the mirror. I no longer feel out of control when it comes to food and my body, and I am confident that with more work, and more patience, I'll get where I want to be.

ok, here's the good part

8849497459_a6a17ea674_o.jpg

(my first time posting a pic so let's hope i got it right!)

Replies

• Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I`m glad to read that you're feeling better with this body change.:smile: Keep on doing the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • therealaubrey
    therealaubrey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love it! I have a similar saying, "I can eat anything I want....I just can't eat EVERY thing I want". Good job!
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! What an awesome feeling to know you took control of your health!
    Keep up the good work! We're all rooting for you!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS job!
  • danielhutchins
    danielhutchins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! 100 lbs is no joke.
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...100 lbs down is a huge accomplishment...what an inspiration! This is exactly what I've learned on MFP. I don't have to say 'goodbye' to everything I love to eat in order to lose weight...I just have to be mindful of how I'll fit those things in to my daily intake. It is truly about taking control, setting small goals, and sticking with it. Thanks for posting. I know you'll have continued success!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    thanks!

the best thing about this wedding i attended tonight is that it was lots of people I haven't seen in a long time, so I got comments and compliments all night which felt amazing! and not just compliments, but these are people who were truly happy for me, not just because I look better but because they know the deeper implications.. health, self-esteem, my ability to do the things I want to do, etc. They also realize how much freakin work it takes! so they had such a sense of appreciation for what I've been doing, such respect for my stick-to-it-ive-ness (lol that's a word, right?), it just felt great.

Also, it was much easier to squeeze through the crowd at this size lol.
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring both to see and read the changes you have made. It really sounds like you have found the secret that works for you, the patience bit rings true for me, it's difficult not to feel frustrated by the slowness of it all but seeing the huge impact you can have overtime if you stick at it, it really does help.
    Thank you for posting
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!
  • redrosepink09
    Options
    wow well done, you are looking great! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!