Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat burning supplements.. are they worth it???

amazingbabydoll
amazingbabydoll Posts: 61
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm looking into both Garcinia Camboga & Hydroxycut. If you've ever been on either products for at least a month, please let me know what it did for you! I wanna know your energy levels & weight loss COMPARED to how you were doing before taking it... thanks! PS I wanted them for energy.

Replies

• CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    I tried Hydroxycut for a couple of weeks and had to stop taking it because it was giving me heart palpitations and I was really jittery. My energy level was up, but it was up way too much. I don't recommend it.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Don't waste your time or money.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    missrudolf wrote: »
    I'm looking into both Garcinia Camboga & Hydroxycut. If you've ever been on either products for at least a month, please let me know what it did for you! I wanna know your energy levels & weight loss COMPARED to how you were doing before taking it... thanks!
    No, most are just bogus mixes of various useless ingredients and laced with caffeine.

Save your money and drink coffee or tea.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Don't waste your money, eat at a calorie deficit and you can get the same results. I don't know what these pills are but there are no quick fixes.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    So you want to take weight loss pills on top of starving yourself from IBS? That seems legit.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30094570#Comment_30094570

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I couldn't do Hydroxycut for a month. I had such horrible heart palpitations from it and honestly, it's a money suck. Eat less than your maintenance. That's a guarantee and free.
  • Thank you all. I was looking into them because I have problems with being fatigued all the time. Caffeine just makes me more tired. I think my solution is to force myself to get up & move. Eventually my body will get used to being active... hopefully.
  • trinatrina1984
    Ok didn't realise you where starving yourself, no wonder you're fatigued. Speak to a dr / nutritionist to work out what you can eat that wont aggravate your IBS and eat as many calories as you can of the non aggravating stuff to give you energy. Starving yourself and then taking energy pills is a recipe for disaster.
  • I had fatigue problems before I took out my trigger foods. I posted the "I'm starving myself" thing earlier & got so much good advice that I have tried already & it's working. I'm eating at least 1,300 calories & gonna raise them gradually everyday. So the starving myself thing is invalid now. I wanted to start taking supplements later on if my chronic fatigue didn't get better. Should have mentioned that. My friend actually suggested hydroxycut. He said he had loads of energy & got his work done fine. I was just asking yall for more opinions, that's all.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I had fatigue problems before I took out my trigger foods. I posted the "I'm starving myself" thing earlier & got so much good advice that I have tried already & it's working. I'm eating at least 1,300 calories & gonna raise them gradually everyday. So the starving myself thing is invalid now. I wanted to start taking supplements later on if my chronic fatigue didn't get better. Should have mentioned that. My friend actually suggested hydroxycut. He said he had loads of energy & got his work done fine. I was just asking yall for more opinions, that's all.

If you just recently stopped eating really low, it's going to take some time for things to even out, especially as you continue raising your calories.

If actually have (diagnosed) chronic fatigue, what is your doctor telling you? Some chronic fatigue may have to do with psychological issues versus physical so have you talked to your physician or a therapist about treatments?
  • PrizePopple
    How do you know something is working in only 12 hours? You seriously posted the IBS thread a little over 12 hours ago, how is that "invalid now"? I have IBS and a GI disease, it doesn't just magically clear up in a few hours, or even a few days. I've been playing this balancing act for almost 5 years now.
  • trinatrina1984
    I would seriously try and get your diet sorted before taking supplements - make sure you're eating above your BMR and drinking plenty of water. I also find that caffeine makes me tired.

If this doesn't work see a Dr and see what they think.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm looking into both Garcinia Camboga & Hydroxycut. If you've ever been on either products for at least a month, please let me know what it did for you! I wanna know your energy levels & weight loss COMPARED to how you were doing before taking it... thanks! PS I wanted them for energy.

Hey, those won't work - but I have a product that is guaranteed to boost your energy! It's just $39.95 (plus shipping and handling) and everyone who tries it SWEARS by it!

vs2f7q.jpg
  • trinatrina1984

Hey, those won't work - but I have a product that is guaranteed to boost your energy! It's just $39.95 (plus shipping and handling) and everyone who tries it SWEARS by it!

vs2f7q.jpg

200.gif[img][/img]
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member

vs2f7q.jpg

$39.95? That label says $.50 a bottle!
  • kait_marie24
    kait_marie24 Posts: 99 Member
    I'm currently taking Cellucor Super HD pills. It's only been 3 days but I have increased energy, focus, and a suppressed appetite. So that's reason enough for me to keep taking them but I'm not sure how much it's doing for the fat burning itself - we'll see after I finish the bottle.
  • PrizePopple

vs2f7q.jpg

$39.95? That label says $.50 a bottle!

Inflation.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm currently taking Cellucor Super HD pills. It's only been 3 days but I have increased energy, focus, and a suppressed appetite. So that's reason enough for me to keep taking them but I'm not sure how much it's doing for the fat burning itself - we'll see after I finish the bottle.

What happens when you stop taking them and your appetite returns? How do you plan on dealing with that? What will you have learned from it?

Ps. You burn fat by being in a calorie deficit. Taking weight loss at a sustainable pace will ensure you lose more fat than muscle (muscle helps you look leaner at goal). Also, resistance training like weightlifting would help as well.

Get your proper nutrients and caloric intake to fuel yourself, learn sustainable habits and toss the junk pills, seriously. You're better suited learning eating habits that leave you satiated then cheating yourself of that opportunity with appetite suppressants. I've lost 53 lbs in 9 months and wouldn't change that for the world.

• kait_marie24
    kait_marie24 Posts: 99 Member

What happens when you stop taking them and your appetite returns? How do you plan on dealing with that? What will you have learned from it?

Ps. You burn fat by being in a calorie deficit. Taking weight loss at a sustainable pace will ensure you lose more fat than muscle (muscle helps you look leaner at goal). Also, resistance training like weightlifting would help as well.

Get your proper nutrients and caloric intake to fuel yourself, learn sustainable habits and toss the junk pills, seriously. You're better suited learning eating habits that leave you satiated then cheating yourself of that opportunity with appetite suppressants. I've lost 53 lbs in 9 months and wouldn't change that for the world.

The only reason I am taking them is because I have reached a plateau in my weight loss and need a little bit of a boost. I lost 50 pounds (before joining MFP and kept it off) without any type of supplement - just eating well and exercise. And that's what I'm doing now, just with a little bit of help.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    I had fatigue problems before I took out my trigger foods. I posted the "I'm starving myself" thing earlier & got so much good advice that I have tried already & it's working. I'm eating at least 1,300 calories & gonna raise them gradually everyday. So the starving myself thing is invalid now. I wanted to start taking supplements later on if my chronic fatigue didn't get better. Should have mentioned that. My friend actually suggested hydroxycut. He said he had loads of energy & got his work done fine. I was just asking yall for more opinions, that's all.

If you just recently stopped eating really low, it's going to take some time for things to even out, especially as you continue raising your calories.

If actually have (diagnosed) chronic fatigue, what is your doctor telling you? Some chronic fatigue may have to do with psychological issues versus physical so have you talked to your physician or a therapist about treatments?
    How do you know something is working in only 12 hours? You seriously posted the IBS thread a little over 12 hours ago, how is that "invalid now"? I have IBS and a GI disease, it doesn't just magically clear up in a few hours, or even a few days. I've been playing this balancing act for almost 5 years now.

Both of these + your profile says you "know a lot about health and nutrition, so feel free to ask me anything"
    There is no magic. It's hard work and sometimes it sucks, but there are no short cuts....