Never Feeling Full, Opinions?

Options
I've made my diary public. I never really seem to feel too full. I'm not sure why i'm constantly eating, whether out of habit or what. I just always feel the need to be eating. Always hungry. If you'd check out my diary I'd love some feedback. I usually eat the same Mon- Fri and Sat and Sun are just random. What do you guys usually eat to feel full?

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I see a lot of calorie-dense, low-volume, low-nutrition foods in your diary. I think a switch from snacky foods to real whole meals -- lean protein, tons of veggies, a little fat, and carbs if they fit -- will help a lot. Nuts and dark chocolate and Swiss Miss are good snack choices, but they can't replace actual meals.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat more.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    What do I eat to feel full? More than 1200 calories a day, honestly. Given your age and stats, you've got only a little to lose, so aim for a more reasonable deficit, 0.5 lbs/week loss. Just as an example, I've lost 20+ pounds eating 1700 (or more) calories/day. I'm at the "last 10 pounds" stage, and I'm still losing eating at the same level.

As for "what" to eat to feel full, choosing higher protein foods over carb heavy meals usually does the trick. I'm not saying going full out "low carb" by any means. But in general, eating a cup of yogurt (Greek yogurt has 23 g/protein per cup--Awesome!) or a chunk of chicken breast for a snack is going to "hold" me over to meal time better than a bagel or a bowl of cereal.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I feel most fullness when I eat a combination of protein/fat/healthy carbs.
    Example:
    Breakfast-eggs fried in olive oil, 1 slice whole wheat toast.
    Lunch-bowl of steamed veggies with olive oil and spices, some kind of fish or chicken.
    Snack-popcorn or nuts and fruit-sometimes some cheese or peanut butter with chocolate.
    Dinner-a snack if I've eaten a huge lunch which is normal for me.
    I like to eat a moderate breakfast and huge lunch or dinner-I guess its a form of IF.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You arent eatuing enough and soemtimes you are below 1000 cals. What you are eating looks ok. I find hunger the #1 target to counter after meeting my deficit. I do that by eating more fruit and veg plus complex carbs. You need to eat more imo. Id go up to 1500 at least, but see what MFP comes up with and as suggested above you cna have this less sever deficit by just trageting a loss of .5lb a week.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    You arent eatuing enough and soemtimes you are below 1000 cals. What you are eating looks ok. I find hunger the #1 target to counter after meeting my deficit. I do that by eating more fruit and veg plus complex carbs. You need to eat more imo. Id go up to 1500 at least, but see what MFP comes up with and as suggested above you cna have this less sever deficit by just trageting a loss of .5lb a week.

Or maintenance. Or weight gain. How tall are you OP? I'm trying to figure where another 11 lbs would come off your frame?

• BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would try to add more vegetables. Try to figure out inventive ways of cooking them and eat some raw too. I could never eat enough vegetables to gain weight.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    What do I eat to feel full? More than 1200 calories a day, honestly. Given your age and stats, you've got only a little to lose, so aim for a more reasonable deficit, 0.5 lbs/week loss. Just as an example, I've lost 20+ pounds eating 1700 (or more) calories/day. I'm at the "last 10 pounds" stage, and I'm still losing eating at the same level.

As for "what" to eat to feel full, choosing higher protein foods over carb heavy meals usually does the trick. I'm not saying going full out "low carb" by any means. But in general, eating a cup of yogurt (Greek yogurt has 23 g/protein per cup--Awesome!) or a chunk of chicken breast for a snack is going to "hold" me over to meal time better than a bagel or a bowl of cereal.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    (*) THIS (*)

• parasshelawala
    parasshelawala Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely more fruits and non-starchy veg. The fiber will make you feel full. Also, 1200 Calories a day also might simply be too few Calories for you.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    More vegies, fresh fruit and protein. Try to make at least two of your meals more like meals than a bunch of nibble stuff and you might find it more emotionally satisfying.

Ask yourself when you want to eat between meals if you are really hungry or just bored. Drink a glass of water before eating anything.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If that is you in your picture, it doesn't really look like you need to lose weight....just my opinion. But definitely, eat more.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    No wonder you are hungry as some days you are only eating 1000 cals!!
    Up your calories, you can still loose weight on 1600 cals.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Looking at your picture, where would this 20 pounds come off of? You need more food.
  • KPeriandri
    KPeriandri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Look, if you are looking to lose 2 pounds a week, keep doing what you're doing. The issue seems to be that you are never full, which probably causes you to snack on less desirable foods.. or overeat your caloric intake for the day. Depending on what your goals are exactly, don't listen to others above who are telling you to eat more..
    What do you do all day, exercise wise? Are you sedentary? If so, then don't eat more. Make smarter choices with what you eat. Brown rice and wild rice are delicious carb alternatives to keep you feeling fuller longer. Lean meats such as chicken breasts and turkey are also some other ways of eating that will keep you feeling fuller longer. You will also have more success if you are eating MORE SMALL MEALS A DAY.. so 6 meals a day that are about 200 calories each.. which means you are eating every few hours.. you will hit your 1200 calories in no time. Portion, weigh, measure.. don't guess. People tend to think they are eating far less than they actually are.. which causes weight gain.
    If you have any other questions feel free to contact me. I have no problem telling you what has worked for me. 20 pounds down in 8 weeks. Right on target with losing 2 pounds a week every week.
    Hope this helps!

Oh, and don't listen to the awful comments above. If you feel you need to lose 20 pounds, then do what you want. Don't under eat.. your body will hang on to what little you eat and store as fat which is exactly what you don't want to happen. Just use your best judgement and don't let nasty people get in the way of what you are striving for.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    KPeriandri wrote: »
    Look, if you are looking to lose 2 pounds a week, keep doing what you're doing. The issue seems to be that you are never full, which probably causes you to snack on less desirable foods.. or overeat your caloric intake for the day. Depending on what your goals are exactly, don't listen to others above who are telling you to eat more..
    What do you do all day, exercise wise? Are you sedentary? If so, then don't eat more. Make smarter choices with what you eat. Brown rice and wild rice are delicious carb alternatives to keep you feeling fuller longer. Lean meats such as chicken breasts and turkey are also some other ways of eating that will keep you feeling fuller longer. You will also have more success if you are eating MORE SMALL MEALS A DAY.. so 6 meals a day that are about 200 calories each.. which means you are eating every few hours.. you will hit your 1200 calories in no time. Portion, weigh, measure.. don't guess. People tend to think they are eating far less than they actually are.. which causes weight gain.
    If you have any other questions feel free to contact me. I have no problem telling you what has worked for me. 20 pounds down in 8 weeks. Right on target with losing 2 pounds a week every week.
    Hope this helps!

Oh, and don't listen to the awful comments above. If you feel you need to lose 20 pounds, then do what you want. Don't under eat.. your body will hang on to what little you eat and store as fat which is exactly what you don't want to happen. Just use your best judgement and don't let nasty people get in the way of what you are striving for.

You're telling a girl who is MUCH younger and MUCH thinner than you that its okay to lose 2 pounds a week?? She has a lot less to lose than you.
    How is rice a carb alternative?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps!

hXGtYfh.gif

The OP is already in the 120 pound range per her profile ticker. Unless she is 5'0" there is no need for her to lose 20 pounds. Looking at her diary she's eating quite dangerously on a daily basis. What she's doing is NOT healthy, and to encourage her towards further weight loss is downright stupid.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't read food diaries, but every time this question is asked, I advise people to cut the junk food and eat more fruits and veggies. It's awful damn hard to not stay full on fruits and veggies. When my diet was seriously restricted, I could eat very little and never went hungry. At all.

If the posters here are right Bout what you're eating and those pics are of you, you do NOT need to lose weight and should, honestly, eat more. If you think you do need to lose, please see your doctor and get a referral to a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.

Malnutrition will ruin both your body and your mind. Stop now, if you still can.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hope this helps!

So.much.derp. in the above post.
    Did you even look at OP's diary and profile?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps!

Are you a Beachbody salesperson or selling something else?

If you aren't, you can tell people what worked for you.

If you are, shame on you for encouraging a girl to be unhealthy just so you can participate in a pyramid scheme.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You're not eating enough. You do not need to be eating so little. You don't have much weight to lose. I'm 120 lbs and 5'3.5 " and lose .5 lb a week on 1900 calories. I would 1. Up your intake. 2. Eat more protein, typically 1g per pound of lean body mass to retain muscle 3. Eat more fiber and fats, fats are good for overall health vitamins absorption and that feeling of fullness, they are not bad

I'd honestly go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ or something similar.

With this, you'd calculate your activity, including exercise and you'd eat one straight amount. I maintain on around 2350. Ignore all the other info on that website.

It's very important you retain lean mass when losing weight, both for health and appearance. Losing weight too quickly, especially with little left to lose, leads to muscle loss. Muscle is not easily replenished and is key to making you look lean.

ETA : and unless you have a medical condition, there's nothing wrong with carbs. Carbs are energy. I ate high carb throughout my weight loss/maintenance. Lost 53 lbs doing so.