Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    have a protein shake instead
  • pdandy
    pdandy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do have a shake in the morning. I've thought of having one on hand for snack but they tend to lose it's texture and starts to separate after a little while.
    2013sk wrote: »
    have a protein shake instead

• 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    as some has just mentioned you could make your own so that way you control exactly what ingredients are in there as well as being much cheaper. i now make my own all the time and the most simplest is by mixing whey protein with and just enough water to combine but not too wet and there you go. thats your base, you can leave it like that or add other ingredients, i LOVE peanut butter (sorry), you can add dried fruit, grains, cocoa nibs, other health powders like maca powder, GO NUTS!!!
  • pdandy
    pdandy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just had a thought.... Coffee beans in a protein bar! I'm guessing that would make it an energy bar too?
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    I have been having Clif bars twice a week before my spin class and then boot camp to kick me through those back to back workouts. They do provide me with the needed energy but they are high calorie and would prefer something not so heavy. The other day I only ate half and it seemed to do the job so maybe that's what I will do.

Do you mean their "Builders Bar"? Regular Clif bars are mostly carb.