Pear Shaped/Big Butted People

Options
arditarose
arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I am a pear.
Starting measurements, Bust: 34, Waist: 29, Hips:44.
Current measurements, Bust:32, Wasit: 27, Hips:40
Starting weight: 163. Current weight: 141.6

Though I'm a little more proportionate now, my thighs and butt are still so big and fatty. At the same time, you can see my ribs a bit and my upper body is about where I want it to be.

I just can't figure out what my next goal is. If I try to lost 8 more pounds, who knows where it will come from-maybe not even my butt. Then I think, maybe body recomp IS possible, let's get out of my calorie deficit and keep lifting heavy. Then sometimes I'm like...screw it, let's keep that butt.

Anyone else shaped this way have stories/suggestions?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes and I've chosen the recomp. I know its a lot of work and is going to take a couple of years, but I'm in!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Yes and I've chosen the recomp. I know its a lot of work and is going to take a couple of years, but I'm in!

Yeah, I realize it is a lot of work too. But I'm still wondering if it's a dream or if it can really be done.

Question- Where are you really supposed to be calorie-wise for recomp? I was assuming maintenance.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    You look at these two women's before and after pictures. THIS is what its ALL the hell about! This women kicked *kitten* and took names later!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/usmcmp
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/missemmapeel
  • lLionMindl
    lLionMindl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You cant spot reduce fat .. if there are certain areas you want to change then you need to exercise them with weight training. besides whats wrong with a big butt? lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    _SyN_ wrote: »
    You cant spot reduce fat .. if there are certain areas you want to change then you need to exercise them with weight training. besides whats wrong with a big butt? lol

I know I can't spot reduce fat. That's why I'm maybe just about to give up on the fat loss. I'd be willing to give recomp a try.

Nothing wrong with a big butt. I just want it to be a hot, big butt.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Squats.
  • RollTide757
    RollTide757 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I creeped on your pics, I don't htink you have a thing to worry about. You are perfectly proportionate and looks like a hot big butt from what i can see:-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    I creeped on your pics, I don't htink you have a thing to worry about. You are perfectly proportionate and looks like a hot big butt from what i can see:-)

Ok now I creeped too! Again, recomp, you've got this!
  • arditarose
    Options

Ok now I creeped too! Again, recomp, you've got this!

Thanks! I read a lot of your posts and trust you :)

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My last 15 lbs was 90% thighs and butt.

It was worth losing those last few pounds for me, because my pear shape is much less exaggerated now. I was almost 2 sizes bigger on bottom, now I'm 1/2 a size.
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    At least you don't have this following you around!! :p P.S. Never bend over to dig in the couch in front of your husband...........
    18i2ibapezyl.jpg
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this is not going to help your mood but I've lost most of my fat from the top. I lost almost all of my boobs which had already decreased in volume due to breastfeeding two kids and you can see all my ribs and some ab muscles. I'm trying to slow bulk and the first thing that grabs on to fat are my upper thighs, which makes my butt look smaller :'( Sometimes you just can't win, got to learn to love our bodies for what it is.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Okay not quoting cuz no one needs to see that in their face twice, but thats just funny, I don't care who you are!
  • arditarose
    Options
    dltoler wrote: »
    At least you don't have this following you around!! :p P.S. Never bend over to dig in the couch in front of your husband...........
    18i2ibapezyl.jpg

lolol I think we need to see it twice.
  • sweedee1218
    Options
    Okay not quoting cuz no one needs to see that in their face twice, but thats just funny, I don't care who you are!
    I know right!!! I told him to enjoy it while it lasts cause this time next year it will be half the size!!! :D

• Liftng4Lis
    Options
    LMAO ardi! Those pants are killing me.
  • arditarose
    Options
    alereck wrote: »
    Sorry, this is not going to help your mood but I've lost most of my fat from the top. I lost almost all of my boobs which had already decreased in volume due to breastfeeding two kids and you can see all my ribs and some ab muscles. I'm trying to slow bulk and the first thing that grabs on to fat are my upper thighs, which makes my butt look smaller :'( Sometimes you just can't win, got to learn to love our bodies for what it is.

Your thighs look slim now!
  • sweedee1218
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    alereck wrote: »

Your thighs look slim now!

Both you ladies look amazing!!! Your butts are my goal!!!! Lol!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    dltoler wrote: »
    I know right!!! I told him to enjoy it while it lasts cause this time next year it will be half the size!!! :D
    You've got this- go get it!