alli - any good?

Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My doctor offered me Meridia a few years ago (he is crazy prescribing drugs doctor). He very well knew the other prescription medications I was on (for migraines). I shelled out the $100 for 30 day supply and then for the first 3 days, was constantly in the bathroom no matter what I ate. Leakage wouldn't even explain the situation! I read the fine print and there was a warning to not combine it with one of the meds I was on for migraines. Stupid dr's!!!! Waste of $100!!

see now I would have had to go back to dr perscriptionwriter and request a refund of my 100 bux. A recpt and a copy of the ppw stating not to take with migraines would have been presented. I mean......that is his freaking job!! I knew a woman who almost died because of a combo of drugs.........
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I took the stronger version too (xenical) a few years back and lost weight initially. I'm a vegetarian and don't actually eat a high fat diet, but still had the dreaded orange leakage. Unpleasant.

Stop reading now if you are easily offended ..... Yesterday I made meatballs in tomaty sauce in the slow cooker for my husband. After a couple of hours I skimmed the top to get rid of any excess grease. As I was skimming it I realised that the orange grease looked EXACTLY like the leakage I used to get! It was horrible. Needless to say, I didn't mention it to my husband when I served him his meal, but I couldn't stay in the room while he ate it :sick: xx

:laugh: holy cow............yuck!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    in good humor I have to tell you all what I pictured after reading the side effects of Alli:

I am thin, tan and sleek. Long blonde hair flowing as I walk along the green/blue ocean.........fluffy white clouds overhead........hair billowing from the light breeze coming in off the ocean.

Legs taking long sexy strides in my hand crocheted bikini...........all eyes on me............:love: from afar.......:noway: wow she is hot

then as I approach they start wrinkling their noses:embarassed: ...........what is that? they exclaim:sick: .........as each person throws up next to their beach chair as I pass.......confident............shoulders back.......................with POO on the back of my bathing suit!!

Ok, so THAT is how MY mind thinks!! :laugh:
  • SunshineOK
    SunshineOK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I took Pondimin in 1993. So did my mother. I was lucky not to suffer any permanent damage but my mother did have some heart valve problems. I know 3 people who died from it. What I am trying to get at is that even this drug was FDA approved. You can only trust your exercise and eating habits. (By the way I only lost 10 pounds while on it. )
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    I had a friend that tried Alli.... her stomache cramps were so painful that she ended up in the emergency room. We were sure it was appedicitis or something just as terrible. I would never take a drug that has the leaking and pain and possible liver damage that Alli can cause.
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    I've been taking Alli for almost 2 months now. Yes I have had some of the TREATMENT AFFECTS they talk about. But if you follow the instructions carefully you are fine. When I know I am going to eat more fat for one reason or another (dining out, family gatherings etc...) which is not often I do skip the pill for that meal and its fine. If you don't skip it you don't want to leave the house the next day, believe me. I have lost 9 pounds. Which is really good for me. As for price. Walgreens runs sales on it often. Also the Alli website offers a coupon too. Can use both at the same time. So to me its been worth it despite the Treatment Affects which is controllable and cost.
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I took Ali, I only did the starter kit and then stopped. All the "leakage" issues in my opinion can be avoided. You hear all these stories about this happening, but if youre going to eat like pizza, fries, and crap like that then maybe some issues can occur. But why eat those things when youre trying lose weight.. I had absolutely no issues like that, yes there is definitely the orange grease like discharge but only when I went to the bathroom. I didnt stop taking it for any side effects or anything like that. You have to eat some much fat a day and what was required was too much for me. I guess I wasnt eating enough to be on that, if you dont meet the requirements then youre just wasting the pill. I did lose a couple lbs. and would reccomend this to people. Good luck :smile: