Fried Foods????

Options
Hello there. So ive been on my weight loss journey for 3 months so far and lost 20. I have been doing good with my diet and working out. I do alot of weight training and cardio during the week. The only problem is that dawm evil popeyes! lol. i love fried chicken and french fries so much! So during the week i maintain a very low calorie range and eat healthy and on either saturday or sunday ill have my popeyes. A 1200 calorie 3 piece bonafied chicken combo with fries and buttermilk biscuit meal. BUTTERMILK BUSCUITTTT!!!!! Awwwww mannn. I look at the hodgetwins wayy to much haha. Anyways i just started having cheat meals 2 months ago. Sometimes every week or every 2 weeks depending if i actually want one but when i do best believe im hitting up popeyes. hehe. So what i wanted to know is how bad is fried foods? Will it eventualy stall my great weight loss progress if i have it once every week or 2 ? im only asking because i alway hear the bad things people say fried foods. Cutting it out would be hard but i would give it up for my weight lost just like i had cut my favorite junk foods out periodly. But i perfer to have a sexy body with my fried chicken too lol. What are yall thought on this?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I give up NOTHING! Eat in moderation.
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ^basically
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Congrats! Doesn't look like you need to lose any more weight. I'm in for moderation as well, although I rarely do fast foods. As you move to maintenance mode, keep an eye on the scale and don't let the occasional cheat become your regular routine again.
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm all about moderation. Have you looked up how they do their fried chicken? There is a recipe for everything online. Look it up, if you can me-mick it and make it better for you.. Why not? Otherwise if having it every two weeks is working, great
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    there are no "bad" foods…just food that your body uses for energy. If you want to eat fried food and can fit it into your calorie and macro goals, then go for it...
  • 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I believe in calories over time. Basically, figure out how many calories you need to axe out of your daily intake to afford the popeyes once every week or two. This way, you can be happy everyday! It is impossible to gain weight if done properly and depending on your allowed calories you can end up with a TON for your cheat day.
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for yall replies! Eating in moderation is my only choice since i refues to give up fried chicken lol.
  • shonako
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I give up NOTHING! Eat in moderation.

• shonako
    Options
    BusyB223 wrote: »
    I'm all about moderation. Have you looked up how they do their fried chicken? There is a recipe for everything online. Look it up, if you can me-mick it and make it better for you.. Why not? Otherwise if having it every two weeks is working, great

Hmmmm maby i can looking into makng my own fried chicken. Havent thought of that. Thanls for the advise!