realistic goal weight?

I am 5'6 20yrs old and weigh 65kg/143lbs
I am hoping to get to 57kg/125lbs
is this a realistic goal and how long will it take at the shortest time possible?
and how should I go about it?

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Realistic? Maybe
    Time recommended - 1/2lb a week loss= 36weeks
    How to - Set your weight loss goals in MFP to 1/2 lb per week loss and eat the cals it gives you.
  • I mostly just want to know if it is a realistic goal? I was this weight at the start of the year but was told I was too thin, yet it was the only time I was happy with my body?! So im confused?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    I mostly just want to know if it is a realistic goal? I was this weight at the start of the year but was told I was too thin, yet it was the only time I was happy with my body?! So im confused?

Told by whom?
  • family...but they are overweight so I don't know if this affected their perception?
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    On the bmi chart 125lbs is within the healthy body range so yep go for it.
    Good luck
  • how long do you think it would take to reach this weight
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think it would take 6-8 months. That's how long it took me.
    Don't let it bother you how long it takes...I did in the beginning, but it didn't really help, and I had success when I was able to let that go. You will likely have more success if you read some of the posts in the 'getting started' area in the weight loss threads. And then, once you've worked out how many calories you'd need to eat to obtain a healthy deficit for yourself, enjoy the process with foods (and exercise you enjoy-if that's what you want to do) and just keep logging every day no matter what. I think that's better than trying to fast track anything. Helps with motivation to keep logging in if you interact with and add friends on here as well. Good luck!
  • andysport1 wrote: »
    On the bmi chart 125lbs is within the healthy body range so yep go for it.
    Good luck

this is a good way of looking at it thanks
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    You might also want to ask for advice from your doctor. 120 pounds on a 5'6'' woman could depend on how much muscle you have and your frame size. I would think it's on the thin side but if you are a very small frame with not a lot of muscle it would be in the healthy range I would think, but again a doctor or nutritionist would be helpful.