Motivational Advice Wanted, Please.

Options
I feel like all of a sudden I've hit a mental motivational plateau:sad: .... I was so excited to when I first joined MFP and I was ready to start losing weight, but all I've lost so far was motivation. I can't seem to get in the motivational mindset.

I recently bought a pair of really nice motivational jeans, but I'm still not motivated. My husband said if I can lose 20lbs by December, he'll take me on vacation to Puerto Rico. It sounds REALLY nice, but I'm still NOT motivated.

If anyone has pointers on getting motivated HELP, I'm open to all suggestions!

Replies

• katie1128
    katie1128 Posts: 1
    Options
    My motivation is to have more energy. My husband said if I lose the weight that I want too he'll buy me a new wardrobe. But all in all I just wanna feel better! :-)
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetheart get up and get moving !! :noway: lol Wow a trip with your husband what a nice thing and I know you can lose 20 by December.... Thats like 3 a month!! Be excited cause now I'm going to be your friend!!:drinker: Aren't you excited already??? :blushing: lol Seriously I have faith you can put your mind to this, make sure you check in each and everyday just to see what is going on and make sure you log in your food. Drink your water and make some time for you for fun things. I have tons of weight to lose and I do know your 20 and my huge amount are not easy. But together we can do this.. I want you to go on your trip so after you can tell us all about it!!!! Kathy
  • clarkindee
    clarkindee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Get out some fat photos of yourself and look at them. That's what usually does the trick for me! Also, I always imagine how good I feel after I exercise and after I finish my food and exercise diary for the day with a lower number of calories then was budgeted. I really want that good feeling, so that is a motivator for me. Also, I think sometimes it is overwhelming if you think of the entire process of losing all the weight. Instead just think, I'll just have a reasonable lunch and then, later in the afternoon, I'll go for that walk when I get home from work. Go step by step through the day -- don't try to think of the whole entire process-- or even the whole day. These are just some tricks I use. Good luck!
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    I say screw waiting for the motivation and just do it, the motivation will follow suit when you start feeling better. Wake up with your shoes and socks by your bed and get moving first thing. Even if you start out slow, I think it will have a snow ball effect. I think to many people think unless they do it 100% gung ho that it doesnt count, but I dont agree. But a short walk and skipping dessert works for the now.
    Good luck :D the jeans and trip will be a great treat for keeping it up even when you dont have the heart at the moment...
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    20lb loss by December and a trip to Puerto Rico! ... I'd be shaking on that deal before he even finished his sentence! But, seriously, I understand that it's not that easy to always feel motivated. Ultimately, you have to really want this for yourself. If you can be happy and satisfied with your weight now, then power to you -but ask yourself why you joined MFP in the first place. Just focus on the small changes first and then work from there. And, don't sit around 'waiting' to be motivated, just do it. Sometimes I really don't feel like jumping on that treadmill, but I always know that I will feel better afterwards and have a sense of accomplishment as well. If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend making friends on this site because they can be extremely motivating. Seeing how hard other people are working towards their goals makes me want to work harder too. You can do this!!!!