Jillian Michaels 'lose 5lbs of bloat'

Options
Hi all,

Just found this and thought I would share:

60oz distilled or pure water
1 tablespoon sugar free cranberry juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 dandelion root tea bag

Apparently drinking this everyday for 7 days helps lose water weight (Michaels says around 5lb).

I would guess that this is temporary, but could be a handy temporary quick-fix for a night out? You eat normally do don't have to starve self of anything crazy.

No idea if this works, not saying it will, just figured would share! I tend to get crazy bloated once a month so may see if this makes me feel better at some point. Has anyone tried it?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    just drink water and you will flush out water weight…you do not need to mix anything with it ….

If it is bloat from water retention then it should be pretty permanent until you have a blow out day and/or increase exercise….

I have drank just water to get rid of water weight and it does work….
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A 7 day "quick fix"? That's a lot of effort for a night out, imho. Maybe for someone's wedding day... maybe.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yes 7 days is quite long isn't it! I suppose just drinking extra is ok...if it tastes ok. I have a few black tie dos coming up so if I feel water buffalo-y I may try it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - I assume that you are going to keep eating regularly while drinking all this water, correct?
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    Hell yes, there is no way on earth I would replace food with water!!
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do the same thing by dropping your sodium to 1200mg a day and drinking more water.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to imagine how this would taste. The water, cranberry juice, and lemon sound good together. But I like tart beverages. I've never had dandelion root tea, but it sounds kind of...earthy tasting lol. I don't see anything harmful about this concoction, so if you already have everything on hand, drink up! Just make sure to also be eating within your calorie goal.
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    Stop eating carbs/sugar for a few days and you'll drop off a ton of water weight. Water is tied up with glycogen production.
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    Yes, cutting down on salt and carbs is a good idea too! :)
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The citrus and dandelion act as a diuretic (mild) and the 64 oz of fluid keeps you hydrated. I agree that you'd want to make sure your sodium is lower, and balanced with potassium, as well as limiting simple sugars.

An often overlooked detail is when you drink. If you don't drink anything for a while, get dehydrated, and then chug water down, you'll bloat up quick. But if you drink small amounts of water through the entire day it helps a lot to keep the water weight down in my experience; I'd think this would go the same for the tea/juice concoction.

• fatboyliz
    Options
    Cheers!
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    Tried it - lost 2lb. Will probably regain, but definitely felt better after it. Mixture tastes nice, v refreshing.
  • maddisondavey
    maddisondavey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried this once before a special event and honestly didn't notice any difference unfortunately, however at the time I wasn't tracking my food/paying attention to sodium levels so that could have cancelled out the effects anyway. It did actually taste pretty good though
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    ladies and gentlemen your daily miracle hoax with a celebrity's name attached
    Truth.

Puts her quality as a professional in question as well.
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    *shrugs* it is a pretty simple mixture. It isn't like it is a sale pitch.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Me thinks the idea is to flavor the water so you will drink it if water is not your fave.
    I happen to love just plain water ... it could even be from the tap as my municipal water is ok. Get in anywhere from 64 to 80 ounces a day.
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    Apparently lemon, cranberry & dandelion root can act as a diuretic - not sure if it worked in that way for me, just made me feel less water-buffaloy at that time of the month.
  • dbmata
    Options
    fatboyliz wrote: »
    *shrugs* it is a pretty simple mixture. It isn't like it is a sale pitch.
    lol. I hope you don't really believe that.

It's a brand pitch.
  • dbmata
    Options
    fatboyliz wrote: »
    Apparently lemon, cranberry & dandelion root can act as a diuretic - not sure if it worked in that way for me, just made me feel less water-buffaloy at that time of the month.

plain water will do that...lol

If someone is less water buffalo-ey, does that mean people driving by in land cruisers have a lower chance of being charged by that person?