Books

Options
alehundrah
alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
So I have extra time on my hands and since I love reading so much I figured I'd read some books. Suggestions on any good books. I love reading romance but open to other suggestions. Currently reading Beautiful Disaster

Replies

• d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    the encyclopedia of bodybuilding’ by arnold schwarzenegger good luck on ur bulking goals of 2013
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    best book ever, i have one too
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fitness related or just any books?
  • alehundrah
    Options
    @drop_it_like Any book worth reading. I was reading a fitness book by Bob Harper, I forgot the name of the book, but it was a good book. A lot of good advice.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Lisanne Norman has a series that's really cool, look her up.
    CS Lewis
    RA Salvatore
    Anne McCaffery
    James Patterson
    Barbara Cartland
    ...all good
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm on Book of Harry Potter. I love it.

"Barney's version" is one of my favs.

Most of Mario Puzos work. "The Sicilian" being my fav.
  • Monochroma
    Monochroma Posts: 11
    Options
    The last book I read (and liked!) was Humble Pie from Gordon Ramsay.
    I imagine you'd have to be interested in him, positively or negatively, to wanna read it though.
    That's an autobiography though, no romance! haha :laugh:
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is a book I read a couple of months ago that is awesome.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    "SAT Study Guide" by CollegeBoard.
    "No Easy Day" by Mark Owen
  • alehundrah
    Options
    @khall86790 I just read a brief summary about Gone Girl and it sounds like a really interesting book. I'm definitely going to add that to my list. Thanks.
  • misskate1987
    Options
    I recently read "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coelho.

It was great.

But a bit dark and not really romantic at all...
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Lisa Jacksons Bentz Montoya series aka the New orleans series. there are seven of em i'm currently on the last installment shes kinda great.. writes very similarly to Lisa Gardner.
  • alehundrah
    Options
    @BunnybeeJG what kind of books are they? Like what are they about?
  • alehundrah
    Options
    @misskate1987 I'll look into it. I like reading all sorts of books. I'm mostly into reading about love stories and stuff like that but occasionally I do like drama and or mystery and such
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    @BunnybeeJG what kind of books are they? Like what are they about?
    Lisa gardner and Lisa jackson are both pretty comparable writers; i've been working in a bookstore basically for the last 6 years so I am lucky enough to feed my reading addiction. They both are very good with their murder/mystery with AMAZING love stories mixed in. I'd give it a try just for somethin a lil different. I have the book youre reading though Beautiful Disaster, I haven't read it yet though I have the advance from before it came out
  • alehundrah
    Options
    @BunnybeeJG I'll definitely check out those authors. I really enjoyed reading Beautiful Disaster. You should read it. It's very addicting. A lot of drama. I like reading those sorts of books.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    @khall86790 I just read a brief summary about Gone Girl and it sounds like a really interesting book. I'm definitely going to add that to my list. Thanks.

No worries. It has a great plot twist half way through!
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Check out The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy. Romance + zombies = win!
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    As long as they're pop up I'm happy
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    I read gone girl that was a good one too.... few other recommends would be anything of
    Heather Gudenkauf's she's awesome she has three books... Beautiful lies by Lisa Unger is a good book too... and Room by Emma Donoghue. . that ones intense and if you read it and like it i'd recommend Chevy Stevens next her first book was insanely good. Jennifer McMahon is good too... i'm probably spelling the name wrong.