Pain after 13 mile walk

Options
I did a 13 mile charity walk just over a week ago and for about 4 days after I had terrible pain on the outer side of my right foot, below and just forward slightly from the ankle bone. It wasn't constant pain but a really bad stabbing pain when I walked a little bit like someone had stuck a hot poker in my foot and I wasn't able to put weight on it until the pain subsided.

I thought it had stopped but I took my son for a walk yesterday, only about a mile if that and half way I got the pain again so ended up limping home and I have been getting the pain off and on since then.

Is it worth a dr's visit?

Replies

• dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Could be a lot of things, some serious, some not, but you won't know until you see a doc.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    YES
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    what was your walking, jogging, running experience prior to this?

This is why you don't just "give it all you've got"... Without proper conditioning you're gonna SNAP YO S#** UP.

Keep your weight off it. Use crutches. Soak it in a basin of warm water several times a day. See a doctor if you can. Injuries like this will last forever if you don't treat them properly. FOREVER.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    what was your walking, jogging, running experience prior to this?

This is why you don't just "give it all you've got"... Without proper conditioning you're gonna SNAP YO S#** UP.

Keep your weight off it. Use crutches. Soak it in a basin of warm water several times a day. See a doctor if you can. Injuries like this will last forever if you don't treat them properly. FOREVER.

I agree. Plus your foot will feel miraculously better the day after your dr's appt. You'll see. =)
  • welshgirl21
    Options
    Other than day to day walking like to the shops and back or doing the 3 mile round walk to and from the park, very little experience unfortunately.

Will try for a drs appt tomorrow