What's your turning point moment?

Options
Many people I have talked to had this "turning point" moment wherein they finally decided to lose the weight LONG TERM. It maybe having been diagnosed with a health problem, breaking up with a boy or just something that made you have the determination you never had before.

My turning point moment was when I tried to order half rice to a cafeteria lady then she just laughed at me.

Well, that moment hurt me a lot. I try not to be angry to the lady because (to her perspective) it might be just a harmless joke and she did not mean to hurt anybody. But anyhow, at that moment, I really really wanted to lose the weight just to save myself from those kinds of moments. I wanted to save myself from my mother and boyfriend who always teased me about being fat, I wanted to save myself from not having any clothes fit me. I just wanted to save myself from all the humiliation actually.

But then I realized that I shouldn't be doing this just to please people. All the sweat in the gym, the hunger pangs, and all the sacrifices that comes into losing weight- the only thing that is worth doing that for is myself. I want to wake up in the morning and love what I see in the mirror. I don't want to worry anymore if I can actually carry a child some day. I want not to be afraid to run in marathons and maybe learn a new sport without worrying if I look stupid being fat. I just want to be happy in my own skin.

So what's your turning point? :)

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I think it was moving to a new country and feeling like everyone was looking at me thinking I was fat. I was so paranoid and self conscious it took over my general attitude and it took me longer than it should have to make friends.
    I just had a realisation that it was making me miserable and over 80% of my thoughts were related to my weight and/or the way I looked.