suggestions

hello, I am kida new to myfitnesspal my goal is to lose 120 lbs by next summer in a healthy fashion and maintain a healthy weight there after. I have a trainer that I am working with that is a awesome but my struggle is with cravings. Any suggestions

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    If it's something you can't stop eating, just don't have it in the house (for me it's potato chips or cookies). If it's something you can control the portion- eat it so you won't crave it- just watch the portion, weigh it, log it and fit it into your calories. Also, I've been told- we will crave what we eat. If you eat junk, you crave junk, if you eat fruit, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats such as nuts, then you will crave those things. Good luck and remember slow and steady- don't beat yourself up if you fall off, just get back on and keep going. Welcome by the way- you will find a lot of good support on here.
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    I just want to say that with me, at least, if I tell myself I can't have something, I soon find myself obsessing about that very thing. Maybe set aside one day or meal a week, to have what you crave and set aside the calories for it. This is assuming you can't control yourself around it the rest of the week. Good Luck!