Nutribullet. Yay or Nay?

Options
I'm thinking about purchasing a Nutribullet. Now, its not for any special fad 'diet' thing. I want to add in vegetables and fruits and all the good nutrients that comes with it. Honestly, I think this is a great way to ADD them into my foods. Have you used the Nutribullet and what is your take on it?

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Don't get the Magic Bullet. Piece of junk. I got one for Christmas and the motor locked up after a week.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap bella cup chopper/blender. The cup can get stuck because the bottom starts to come unscrewed while blending, so I have to keep checking it as I blend. I don't know if the bullet is better. I use mine for smoothies mostly. Mornings I have a strawberry smoothie with Fage Greek yogurt, milk, and Stevia, or I just put Greek yogurt in a bowl with frozen fruit and Stevia, but it's easier for the commute to make a shake. Also protein drinks are better blended with ice, Stevia and cocoa powder. I don't use the blender for veggies. I prefer to cut up celery and cukes and leave them in the fridge for an afternoon snack.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have the baby bullet made by the same people. It does not work nearly as well as what they make it out to do on the adds. I was thinking of getting a nutri bullet before, but had read reviews that it also does not work as well as they make out on the adds. a good enough blender would do the trick. I make veg/Fruit smoothes in my blender and it works great, no lumps or anything like that.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have a Jack Lalanne juicer I use along with a standard blender to make veggie/juice blends which include most of the pulp. I drink about a liter every day. It's been great given my hatred for veggies.
    I mix apples, kale, beets, various berries, spinach, carrots and whatever else looks good that day. I LOVE IT!
    I know nothing about this "Nutribullet" except it does about the same thing I am doing. It's a blender.
    Cool, try it and see what happens.
    :)
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the regular Magic Bullet and I love it. I've never experienced any issues with it, and it makes delicious smoothies!
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    Piece of crap in my opinion. Really. My mom has used her's once, and I took mine back. If you want juice, buy a good juicer like a Champion or Green Star. Even the Breville Juicers are really good. Good luck. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yay!

I have the Nutribullet and use it for smoothies with fruit, yoghurt, nut butter, milk. I love it!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Solarized
    Solarized Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here's a hint: A typical blender ring & blades will fit on a standard sized (not wide mouth) canning jar if you need to blend small quantities. Just don't do hot liquids as those would create extra pressure.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yay! Love my nutribullet - much better than a blender for making smoothies.