Pros and Cons of being short and trying to lose?

Options
124»

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    Try being 5ft 0in and 63 years old. I walk around 10 miles a day so my TDEE is around 1800 to 2000. So I can eat around 1400 and still lose weight.

Lose this weight whilst you are young. The older you get the harder it gets. DO IT NOW. Trust me.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]25436425.png[/url]

Indeed. If I had time to walk 10 miles a day I would, just so I could drink more wine! *insert emoticon of drinking smiley face*
  • LauraPa1mer
    LauraPa1mer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yeah... obviously most short women will not maintain at 2350. It's great if that works for you but not everyone lifts that much and not everyone wants to. And that's fine.

3x a week is a lot? I'm not saying that this should be the golden number.... I'm saying I'm an example of how being short doesn't necessarily mean eating fewer calories than someone taller....

No, 3x a week is not a lot. It's great to be an example of how being short doesn't mean eating fewer calories; this site needs that. I'm saying that realistically, most people will probably be eating less calories, and that's hard.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Cons
    Definitely hanging round with people much than you who have a higher calorie allowance. It's so tempting to eat the same size portions and I hate having to remember to try and keep myself in check!
    I carry all my weight around my middle. I feel like if I was 'longer' so to speak it wouldn't be so much of a problem area. Although I might just be out of proportion.

I guess a pro is not needing as much food to fill you up. It's more of a mental thing though...