Any of you using Nivea Body Q10 Firming Lotion?

Options
So I'm 33lbs down, with 37lbs to go and I have some pretty bad loose skin on my arms, everywhere else is "OK" at this point but I know it'll get worse and worse as I lose more weight. I thought I'd try some skin firming lotion so I bought the Nivea brand as I use their "For men" range and it's always good stuff but I'm wondering if anyone has had any success using this product? I know it's not going to be a miracle cure, but for £6 a bottle even a slight improvement to tightness would be worth it.

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    It is goid for dry skin but that's the end of the miracle I'm afraid
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Creams cannot restore elasticity. :(

I hate my loose skin and if there was any chance the creams worked, I'd pay $1000 for the bottle.

But they don't, :(
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

I hate my loose skin and if there was any chance the creams worked, I'd pay $1000 for the bottle.

I kinda figured, but thought it couldn't hurt to try. £6 is a lot easier to find than £5000 for the skin removal surgery (just for arms).
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love that specific Nivea Q10 firming lotion, but for the super hydrating powers.
    I wouldn't call it a miracle cure or anything, but the act of rubbing in moisturizer gets the blood flowing and helps sluff off dead cells so it's got that going for it. I use it on my butt, thighs, and upper arms but I think the sheer act of hydrating the skin makes it look more appealing and shiny and smooth instead of looking at cellulite, stretch marks, scars, etc.
    If anything it's a nice smelling placebo and it's something enjoyable you can take some "me time" out of your day to do for yourself.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I use cream every day - but inexpensive stuff. I'd try working out. It won't reinflate your skin, but it does help.
    -
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Some of the Nivea products got sued and lost, due to the claims they made about some of their effectiveness. The cellulite one had to completely change their packaging, not sure about the firming one. I'd use it as just a lotion..but I sure WISH that kind of thing were true!!
  • SteveMFP123
    edited October 2014
    Options
    kpedersen3 wrote: »
    I use cream every day - but inexpensive stuff. I'd try working out. It won't reinflate your skin, but it does help.
    -

I did 10 Minute Trainer for 3 months and I've been doing T25 for 2 weeks, the later seems to be working much better so hopefully by the end of the 3 months things will be a little better on the skin front.
  • kat_snowflake
    kat_snowflake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a bottle of that years ago and never repurchased it...it just felt like a normal body moisturiser to me (and not even a particularly good one).

I prefer Garnier body lotions - just normal ones to keep my skin hydrated. I don't think any lotion will really do hard-core skin tightening unfortunately! :\
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

I kinda figured, but thought it couldn't hurt to try. £6 is a lot easier to find than £5000 for the skin removal surgery (just for arms).
    At age 28 and after a 70 lb. weight loss, I imagine your arm skin will bounce back on its own fairly quickly. By the time you lose the other half, it might even be a lot better, so this might be the worst it'll be, if you've lost the first 33 pretty quickly.

• SteveMFP123
    Options

At age 28 and after a 70 lb. weight loss, I imagine your arm skin will bounce back on its own fairly quickly. By the time you lose the other half, it might even be a lot better, so this might be the worst it'll be, if you've lost the first 33 pretty quickly.

I hope so, because right now it's horrible. It's the classic hanging, bat wings. I've seen progress pics of other men around my size and they didn't have anything like I do on their arms. I lost the 33lbs over about 4 months, and aim to lose the rest in about another 5 months. The problem for me is I was bigger than my official starting weight, a few years ago I was probably about 25lbs heavier, and that's when the real stretching occurred.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I use this stuff...though, I am not done losing weight. I dont really know if my skin tightens because of it or because of the natural rebound of my skin. I like it though, at least its good moisturizer.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep up with the weight training to fill out.

Also, don't discount using lotion. I read a story about a guy here with a 100+ loss who said he was diligent in using lotion and he barely has any flabby skin. It can't hurt to stay properly moisturized. He was also lifting weights several times a week, too.

Frankly, if I meet my weight loss goal, shelling out $13K for my surgery will be the least of my worries.
  • SteveMFP123
    Options
    laurajo521 wrote: »
    Definitely keep up with the weight training to fill out.

Also, don't discount using lotion. I read a story about a guy here with a 100+ loss who said he was diligent in using lotion and he barely has any flabby skin. It can't hurt to stay properly moisturized. He was also lifting weights several times a week, too.

Frankly, if I meet my weight loss goal, shelling out $13K for my surgery will be the least of my worries.

If I had the money I'd do it in a heartbeat, but my £0 balance isn't going to allow that :D
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I tried lotions too and there's really no miracle... :( drink lots of water and if you are doing T25, that should help. Good luck!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I used it for awhile. I never stick with creams. Takes so long to lotion up my fat butt.
  • SteveMFP123
    Options
    jodynolte wrote: »
    Yeah, I tried lotions too and there's really no miracle... :( drink lots of water and if you are doing T25, that should help. Good luck!

T25 is great but I'm still on Alpha ATM, I guess Beta and Gamma will help more for toning.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There is another post in here... I think under success stories that you may want to see. Really walks through everything and explains it.