Food diary

Options
Ok any success stories of people that utilized the food diary to lose weight? Just wondering how many people have used other things too like supplements and stuff. I am not really into taking pills so I am just wondering if I stick to what the diary is telling me, is it pretty accurate?

Replies

• spokanlilac
    spokanlilac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it does a good job in tracking the amount of food you eat. I've lost weight with tracking my food and it definitely helped make me more aware of what I was eating. When you don't track, you don't have a good sense of how many calories you're eating. When you do track, you're able to see your entire day at a glance and see what worked for you and what didn't.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks! I just started this today and I am hoping it helps. I have 3 kids including a newborn and I try to eat healthy but I dont alwasy pay attention to what I am eating. Hopefully this will change that.
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Taking is working greAt for me, it not only makes me more aware of what i read but also makes me not feel so bad about the less than healthy choices that i was able to fit in. The only thing is double check the calories fot example the bread i just ate showed up as 110cal were the bag says 130cal.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love MFP - it shows you where you are going wrong. I thought that eating too much fat was my problem, but it's actually Sugar!! So I am working on it.
    - Good luck and stay strong :smile:
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't take pills or shakes or anything, just real food. Doing fine. Knowledge is power
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 lbs eating and tracking regular foods and doing a very small amount of exercise.
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The one thing MFP will highlight is how much you are eating. The first thing I did was set my calories to maintenance level and just ate what I thought was normal to get an idea of where I was going wrong.
    Sometimes it is better to make small changes too so that you ease yourself into restricting your calorie intake.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i use diary to plan my meals, just for sugars and carbs, i include everything even the spoons of powder milk in my coffee, but it only as accurate as the user is. And must always check what diary has for values againt product you have too, make sure they tally up. It's pretty good with famous brands but not so famous can be way off at times.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!