HELP! I need advice!!

Options
I have been sick with a virus for over a week. It has come with a horrible sore throat and swollen glands the first three days and then added in congestion, ichy eyes and a horrible cough. I have been put on steroids by my doctor for my raw throat and told that I just have to keep drinking lots of fluids, use saline nasal spray and rest, rest, rest. I was suppose to start a great boot camp last monday that I had saved for for awhile and not I am told that I can workout for at least another week if not two. How do you get past these kinds of set backs? How can I keep on track if I can't workout? HELP!

Replies

• Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Relax :) Your body is sick and needs to recover, what is 2 weeks of your life out of many years of a healthy lifestyle? Focus on getting better and eating healthy foods to help you get better.

Goodluck and I hope you get better soon. =)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would just focus on getting better.
    Your body will make good use of your nutrition, I am sure, to help it recover.
    There are some times when you have to relax on the diet/workout front, and just wait it out with the knowledge that you can kick *kitten* in your workouts again once you get better. Just eat at maintenance, or eat what you can, as healthy as possible, and fret not.
    Even if you gain a Ib or two, they will soon drop off once you get back into your regular routine.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep tracking in diary -- good, bad, or in-between That will help you feel that you have control over the situation. In the meantime, flow the doctor's instructions. I hope that you feel better soon.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I have been going through this for the last 2.5 weeks, it's been horrible! I hope you get better quick, unlike me :(