Thoughts on weight loss blogs?

Options
khall86790
khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
Morning guys.
So I have been doing some browsing online today and stumbled across a few weight loss blogs... some are awful but some are really great and it made me wonder what the general opinion is on them and if a lot of you guys read weight loss blogs?

What I like is blogs that discuss different workouts they have tried, their progress, food choices, etc. but also with tips for others, something to keep the readers coming back.
I particularly like the blog over at blogilates.com as I feel like Cassey addresses issues with her own weight as well as promoting her workouts and products.

So yeah... thoughts?

Replies

• cinderwolfeh
    Options
    All the blogs I see are on tumblr mostly cause thats where I spend much of my internet time haha. I prefer to read about peoples experiences with their weightloss rather than things like motivational photos and stuff. But thats just me. I actually started my own weightloss jounrey tumblr blog but its mostly just a journal since only 2-3 people follow it haha.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    All the blogs I see are on tumblr mostly cause thats where I spend much of my internet time haha. I prefer to read about peoples experiences with their weightloss rather than things like motivational photos and stuff. But thats just me. I actually started my own weightloss jounrey tumblr blog but its mostly just a journal since only 2-3 people follow it haha.

Tumblr is mostly photos right? I don't use it much but I was under the impression it was photos with small amounts of text.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I find the myfitnesspal blogs fun on occasion and I have my own but its mostly for me and to show my calories my work outs and progress pics. It is mostly there because I started insanity last week I only posted three times before starting insanity but then I decided to turn it into my ENTIRE journey from anorexia to 1200 calories to upping my calories and doing the work to going to my goal weight and lifestyle tree -20% to lose and maintain my goal weight. Some like it, but its mostly for me, but I do enjoy when others read and comment it makes me feel like my accomplishments are inspiring and that inspires me.

PS: excuse typos or odd wording typed this on my cell and editing is a pain.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Morning guys.
    So I have been doing some browsing online today and stumbled across a few weight loss blogs... some are awful but some are really great and it made me wonder what the general opinion is on them and if a lot of you guys read weight loss blogs?

What I like is blogs that discuss different workouts they have tried, their progress, food choices, etc. but also with tips for others, something to keep the readers coming back.
    I particularly like the blog over at blogilates.com as I feel like Cassey addresses issues with her own weight as well as promoting her workouts and products.

So yeah... thoughts?

Personally I don't really like blogs for fitness related topics. The reason is that you cannot really argue and/or expand on the topics. There are a few good private groups where good info (with proper citation of research when asked) is shared and we can elaborate or discus it further or see how it applies to individuals etc.

Blogs are fine for things like sharing what motivates you or how you did it etc but honestly, I prefer the forums (And thats coming from a blogger mind you)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I like them. I run across pictures, recipes, exercises I never thought about, plus some have funny humor.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like some of them, but not all. There are a lot of people out there that still believe quite a few fitness and nutritional myths, and they perpetuate those myths on their blogs. When choosing which blogs to look at, I have to be quite choosy because I want to read the ones from people who don't buy in to broscience, have similar goals as I do, and are making progress. There's just so much crap out there, that sometimes it is hard to separate the good ones out!
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    I have a blog but I literally think that no one has ever seen it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mrskeziawallace

36187518.png