Weight loss and light periods?

Options
2»

Replies

• PinkyQT
    PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight this summer they were extremely painful. I was eating lots of fruit and veg, definetely not undereating though. I was vomiting, couldn't leave bed for 1 day and yeah... probably best not to go into anymore detail on some of my other symptons

My last period was very good, a few cramps but nothing to cry about.

I think this is due to eating low fat in the summer. My percentage was only around 7% but now I have increased it to 15% or 20%. Fat helps with hormones :)
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I never noticed fat affecting my periods but I know for awhile I did the super low fat thing and felt like crap, when I put fat back into my diet I felt much better. And *gasp* eggs make my stomach feel better, shocker. :laugh:

I'm lucky I've never really had bad cramps or anything.... well except when the depo shot nearly killed me but that was an exception.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    sorcha1977 wrote: »
    Mine vary. I've done the weight loss thing a few times now, and they always start off pretty light, but then they go right back to this:

uUHYIKZ.png

Sadly, there is nothing more accurate in life than this picture. Haha!
    I have the contraceptive implant, so I cannot comment on your issue, @FaylinaMeir . However, I have been on a constant period for 4 weeks. I think it is a coincidence that this runs alongside the beginning of my weight loss journey! I have an appointment to get the implant removed!! I'd rather have normal periods monthly than this fresh hell!