68 Years Old and Obese

hijacker
hijacker Posts: 7 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I never thought I would reach the point of being obese, but I'm certainly there now and I hate it. I'm 6'1" and weigh 326 pounds, but it seems like only yesterday I was 220 pounds. I don't follow an exercise plan, but I'm fairly active with grass cutting and general work around the house and at a private campground.

I'm gald I found this site as it seems to have everything a person needs to keep track of meals, exercise, and weight-loss progress. I know some say it's not productive to weigh every day, but I prefer to do so and it seems to help me stay on track.

I know it's not so easy to lose weight as one gets older, but I'm determined to get rid of as much of this excess fat as I can, and as quickly as I can.

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Lot's of great people here ready to cheer you on. :smile:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Welcome to the site! You definitely made the right decision by joining up with us. Some people swear by weighing in every day, so don't feel so bad about it.. I think that it's more about your taste.. Remember to keep going and working it out.. Also, portion size.. I measure everything, I think it is a very wise thing to do. Good luck on your journey. You can make it, you just have to want it bad enough.:drinker:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    I have used this site on and off for a while. I am finally committed to logging everyday. It has been extremely helpful for me to log my food and drink every single day. You start to see what you can eliminate and what is best for you to eat. Everyone here is pulling for you, so don't give up!!!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: ya it seems after you hit the big "50" the weight starts piling on, thats cause of our now slow metabolism. this sight is awsome
This discussion has been closed.