what should my goal weight be?

hi everyone I am new to mfp
I was wondering what my goal weight should be
I am currently 143lbs and I am 5'6'' with a medium frame (but very large breasts)
I love to exercise but I have been a bit slack with my diet lately
wondering what would be a good weight to aim for?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Looks like your in the middle of the healthy BMI range now ?
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Maybe work more on body fat? You are pretty close to ideal weight.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    You really do not have much to lose! I am the same as you. I am slap bang in the middle of the healthy range at 132lbs. You need to decide where you would feel comfortable and make a wise decision yourself!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i would aim for a bodyfat % not a weight
  • Ailorn
    Ailorn Posts: 79 Member
    Keep the weight goal the same (or even higher o,o) and focus on building muscle mass. It'll look and feel better :)
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    yes you are dead on for correct BMI

29509743.png
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Your actual weight is fine. If you're unhappy about your body composition, or what you see in the mirror, give the advice in here a try:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Best of luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    i would aim for a bodyfat % not a weight

This^

A higher body fat % is going to make anyone look bigger. The number on the scale is just one measure. If you want weight loss set a very small goal (1/2 pound a week tops)....then strength train.

Strength training helps you hang onto lean muscle. Small deficit helps you hang onto lean muscle. If you still want to lose....you want fat loss.