Disproportionate weight loss

Options
Hey everyone! Im having trouble shedding of the extra weight (fat) from my upper body. Whenever I do put on weight it tends to be very much more visible around my arms,stomach and chest but not so much around my legs and butt area. When I do start shedding weight I tend to see most of the weight coming off from my lower body instead of my problem areas (upper body). My workout includes jogging, zumba, bootcamp and some strength here and there. Need some advice with regards to workouts that can help me with my problem areas? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    problem areas are that for a reason. you will find it easier to lose fat from the places that werent as much of a problem first. and then the closer you get to your goal weight the more it will start coming off the problem areas. i wish there was a way to target certain areas but there isnt really. you just have to lose overall fat and it will come from the places that like to be fat last.

you cannot spot reduce. the best you can do is work on your "tone" so that when it eventually does go it will look nicer.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hey everyone! Im having trouble shedding of the extra weight (fat) from my upper body. Whenever I do put on weight it tends to be very much more visible around my arms,stomach and chest but not so much around my legs and butt area. When I do start shedding weight I tend to see most of the weight coming off from my lower body instead of my problem areas (upper body). My workout includes jogging, zumba, bootcamp and some strength here and there. Need some advice with regards to workouts that can help me with my problem areas? Thanks in advance!
    Here is life's cruel rule: we always lose the fat least in the very places we want reduced most.
    Even after I hit my target weight, it took years to tone up, and I'm still a work in progress.

The pic below is me right after hitting my weight goal and me today - 3 years later!
    oxf86uomatc4.png
    SAME WEIGHT: 185 lbs...