Me and my fat face :(

Options
2»

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Remember, we are often the last ones to see our progress, because we see its slow, daily march and remember what we looked like every step along the way.

You don't have a fat face.
  • JanetRene1
    JanetRene1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try looking at the pictures differently. Try to look for the positive changes in your body. And as for fishing for compliments, rubbish, we all need to have our hard work acknowledged. And by the way, I think you have a lovely face.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your face is beautiful! When you get to be 50 (like me) you will miss the youthful plump to your face. Ladies my age are going to get injections to plump their face back up with fillers to get back what they have lost due to aging. Enjoy your youth and your beauty.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    omg your face is huge ORCA BIG!! u are sooo silly
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    also experience the same thing. but there are times when my pictures is not fat.

before, all of them looks fat
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I asked my sister this one time because what I see in the mirror is NEVER reflected in pictures that other people take of me and she (artist & photographer by profession) said that it's because the camera is a 2D image and flattens you out. It doesn't pick up the shadows and highlights that you can see in real life. This is why they say the camera adds 10lbs.

So you are lovely, and the camera is evil and it's not your fault.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Does anyone know any way to get rid of chinnage?

Hi! I as well have a very full face, and am not content with my body, unless I'm content with my face. When I got to y goal weight last year, I was successfully happy with my new framed face. Some people's weight goes to their faces, some do not. I would suggest getting to your healthy goal weight.

However, keep in mind, the shape and frame of your face IS genetics, too. So I would not go to an "underweight" weight to get te look that you're going for. It might never happen, and that's not heathy.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    What are you comparing your face to?

I think you look great.

Are you comparing yourself to a younger picture of yourself'? Models in magazines? Pictures of your friends?

Keep in mind that a lot of pictures we see in the media are photoshopped in ways that make people look like they don't have an ounce of fat, no wrinkles, no pores, no shadows, nothing. You are not plastic. You are FABULOUS. Keep that in mind whenever you see a photo. You're not ugly.

I also agree that it is annoying that there are digital cameras everywhere. I get annoyed when the same friends snap a thousand photos over and over again at every party. I don't really want my silly antics documented so that we can review them later. I like to act like a fool just for my friends and NOT share it with my Dad and my coworkers on Facebook. Know what I mean? I don't mind if a phone is brought out to take two or three pictures, but when the entire shindig is documented, it's annoying.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I asked my sister this one time because what I see in the mirror is NEVER reflected in pictures that other people take of me and she (artist & photographer by profession) said that it's because the camera is a 2D image and flattens you out. It doesn't pick up the shadows and highlights that you can see in real life. This is why they say the camera adds 10lbs.

^^ This.

Its the effect of a 2-D vs 3-D image.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to pick yourself apart and only notice your flaws...I think almost all of us do this to varying degrees. However, focus on what you have achieved so far, accept that you'll never be perfect.
  • ely2789
    ely2789 Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh my goodness don't be so hard on yourself! You are absolutley beautiful! I have definitley been a victim of "bloat" or what i'd like to call chubby bunny face! From expereicene and from losing weight and gaining it again it has time and time again always my face that you see it first. It's natural for our bodies to retain water. I can tell you this, If you replace your diet with 3 servings of dark leafy greens whether its juicing or adding it to your favorite meals, you will see a difference. [Kale, Spinach, Brussels Sprouts, Assparagus, Broccoli, Green beans are just a few I try to eat every day] A month ago I started drinking a gallon of water a day and I saw a huge difference, my face looks slimmer and with the right amount of sleep- refreshed. I also noticed the glow from eating the vegetables as well. If you are already doing all of these things, Stress in another cause of facial bloat, So if you are feeling down do something to cheer yourself up immidieatley and don't kick yourself down remember you are beautiful inside and out! Foods high in sodium also can allow your body to retain water and make you feel puffy or not yourself. If you avoid those foods you'll most likely feel better, I know I do. I used to avoid pictures and I still look back at pictures and say what the hell? I know the main reason was because I was either drinking alcohol or eating food that were unhealthy for my body! Everyone is different and we are all born in different shapes and sizes, don't compare yourself to others and don't be hard on yourself you'll only cause your body more stress! Embrace your beauty girlfriend!
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile pic, I do not see a fat face. You look great! I do know where you are coming from though, I absolutely hate pictures of myself, but since I've lost weight I've been taking more and still see my fat face. :0( I guess we are too hard on ourselves and we are the last to really see how great we really look.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting removes fat from my face. The Hodgetwins also reported the same thing.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I see three face pictures in your profile. Which one is the fat one? Cause I don't see it.

Edit: Looked again to be sure.

BIG brown eyes. Check.
    Cute cheeks. Check.
    Fat face. Nope.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think I have a naturally "fat" or round face, one of the things I hate, but I've been trying to deal with it and working at tilting my head at different angles in pictures ><
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a very round face and when I lost over 30 pounds I was still cringing at my photos. Fat face sucks. :mad:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

This. And, if you are any member of my family, people in our family just ain't photogenic! Not a one of us! And I look nothing like that woman in my profile picture. :noway:
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    even at my skinniest, i still have really chubby cheeks.
    you have to learn to embrace it, and also know your good angles for pictures.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Other people taking pictures are always unflattering. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose :wink:

You should be proud of yourself. I know the pictures may not be flattering, but if it makes you feel better look at some even older pics and realize how far you've come.

Oh, and by the way it's okay to cry. Weight loss is a very hard struggle and it's okay to cry about it once in a while as long as you pick yourself back up after.
  • crimpershaz
    crimpershaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've just been reading up on this because I get the same thing, its to do with the camera not you! Something about wide angle lenses, Google it!