Weekend weight gain...

Options
This weekend I gained 2.6lbs!!!

I had a birthday party on Saturday and yesterday I just had no self control. I'm okay with it. This actually happens almost every weekend and still by the end of the next week I almost always have a loss.

How much weight did you gain (or lose) this weekend?

Replies

• BethR1996x
    BethR1996x Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Some weekends I nearly gain 2lbs, this weekend I managed to only gain 0.5lbs though so I feel like the longer I'm going through this process the more self control I have. Don't worry about a little splurge though, we can't cut out everything or when you stop dieting you'll gain everything back xx keep positive
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Its only water weight - Did you really eat 7,000+ calories over your maintenance??? NO!!

Just get back to normal, drink lots of water.... And OMG the 2.6lbs has magically gone???
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I know I didn't eat an extra 3,500+ calories so probably...none.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This weekend I gained 2.6lbs!!!

I had a birthday party on Saturday and yesterday I just had no self control. I'm okay with it. This actually happens almost every weekend and still by the end of the next week I almost always have a loss.

How much weight did you gain (or lose) this weekend?

I gained 9
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I gained 5kg on Saturday then on Sunday I decided to take the rucksack off that was making me heavier.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    I gained 5kg on Saturday then on Sunday I decided to take the rucksack off that was making me heavier.

:smiley:

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    If I overdo it at one meal, the next meal I go light. Seems to work for me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'm up almost 3 lbs. But, considering the amount of strenous work I did this weekend I'm sure it's water.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I gained 0.6lbs this weekend. Which is really nothing, even a 5lb gain wouldn't be anything to make me worry. I know my weight fluctuates. I had a bunch of bread yesterday that I normally don't eat. No biggie.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Every weekend was a weekend weight gain for me for a very long time. I would gain over the weekend, just to try to exercise and diet like crazy during the week - what a never ending cycle. This weekend I was determined to break it - no sabotages and no alcohol. I lost two pounds. I think I'm on to something...
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't ask... Two different families and two different Canadian thanksgiving dinners. Im... up for sure lol - back at er now!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Gained a pound but I'm fairly sure it's mostly water weight. I did go over my caloric limit, but only up to maintenance +/- 100kcal or so; what got me was the carbs, which I usually keep low.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is the first weekend in months that i have not gained anything. I usually gain 3-5 pounds every weekend but if I eat right for about 3-4 days it goes back down only to cycle back up over the weekend and the cycle continues..........
  • JLCrunch
    JLCrunch Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    2 lbs. :neutral_face: UGH! I went to Atlantic City Saturday and grabbed fast food last night. I feel gross but I hopped back on to my plan first thing this morning.

Breakfast lunch and snack consumed for 750 cal
    Walked for 70 minutes thus far today. We can do this!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm always either really good or really bad on weekends... this past weekend I was on the road both days so went more towards "bad". However, although I gained 1 pound I'm sure I didn't eat THAT much over maintenance, so it's water weight... annoying, but won't be with me too long. The first time this happened I felt awful; now I'm used to it.
  • svpracer
    Options
    weekends I put on 3-5lbs average and by Tuesday its gone. Could be water, could be food. Not sure, but it can get frustrating
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 3-5lbs on the weekend. Yesterday I weighed and I was 3+ and now today it is gone. I know that this past weekend it was sodium intake...other weekends, who knows. I just know it shows up and then disappears within a day or two as Iong as I drink lots of water and workout.
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've been averaging 1.5 pounds lost per week but how I get there isn't a very straight line! :smile: I usually gain 2-3 pounds over the weekend, lose that back by Tuesday or Wednesday, then drop the other 1.5 pounds over the next couple of days before repeating the cycle! Would be a lot smarter to cut out the alcohol on the weekends and just continue but since I'm still losing at the "recommended" rate, there is little motivation to change.