Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How long of low calorie diet till metabolism is affected

AHSFreak
AHSFreak Posts: 11
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so basically for a few days I ate like 1800 calories a day instead of my usual 1400 and I ended up gaining 3 pounds and it is not water weight cause I have been consisting gaining weight everyday this week since .I'm frustrated and just want to get down again as quick as possible...I know I know every one always says don't punish yourself for a couple bad days but if 1800 is a "bad day" then I'd rather just die .If everything I've been doing goes away with 400 more calories its not worth it and someone should just shoot me now....oh and for the record "starvation mode" is REALLY overexagerated.Last year I went from 220 to 130 eating 860 .I gained 20 pounds back in the first 2 months after but since then I have maintained .I'm seriously considering going back to 860 but going down to 110 (that way when I gain weight back I'll maintain at 130).

For now I am going to do 860 for a week but to get back down to 147 but I was wondering how long I could do 860 without slowing my metabolism...one week wouldn't do that much damage but Idk about 2