Well Damn!

Options
gobyray
gobyray Posts: 14 Member
First of all I'd like to take a moment to thank each and everyone one of you, especially those who take the time to post your own stories on the message boards that provide me with the extra motivation I might need to get through the day. I started this journey roughly June 1, 2014. I was overweight, lazy, and eating as if I'd live forever (and do it fat). I simply started by joining an inexpensive, local gym, and signing up for MFP (again).
At first I hated the gym, MFP, logging everything I ate, and quite frankly I hated all of you (especially all the do-gooders).
I'm not sure when everything changed, but it changed very quickly (within two weeks). I was on the elliptical machine, bored out of my mind and figured I'd try walking on the treadmill. While doing that I decided to increase the speed a little to get my heart rate up. The next thing I knew I was running. Granted after about 3/4 of a mile I wanted to drop dead, I still did it....and liked it.
Fast forward to today...after a lot of hard work, determination, and some pain, I'm down more than 40 pounds (actually in the "Normal" range of my BMI), I've lost 5+ inches from my waist, had to purchase all new clothes, and am running 10K's. I've absolutely fallen in love with running, enjoy logging my food into MFP and seeing what I'm actually putting into my body. I work out six days a week and it's not because I have to, but because I want to.
I'm not writing this success story as a pat on my back, but for y'all to pat yourselves on your back. Without your continued encouragement, advice, and success stories, I'd still be eating McDonald's' instead of a delicious 3 Bean salad with Iced Green Tea!
Thank you!

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! This IS a success story. Amazing how you can become addicted so quickly to working out!! Great job!!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    You deserve to be proud of your accomplishment. Keep it up! Love the comment on wanting to work out rather than having to.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    great story, I was looking at a guy yesterday in a restaurant who was eating whatever he wanted and I know he was miserable. It is fun to get out and be active. I am also beginning to enjoy taking care of myself and feeling good about myself.
  • TropicalParaMonster
    TropicalParaMonster Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!! What a great accomplishment, hope to join you on the success train soon :)
    Good job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!