Slimming Spa/Body Wraps?

Options
NatalieSkywalker
NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
So I have always been very skeptical when it comes to things like this, but I am close to my goal weight, only 8kg more to go, and I'm interested in trying out 5 sessions at a slimming spa using scrubs and body wraps. I don't expect to lose a massive amount of weight with this, just an inch or two and maybe tightening of some loose skin. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It's temporary at best. The only permanent change will be the loss of money.

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Waste of money for sure. Don't do it. Now if you want to go to the spa as a treat, go for it, but I'd suggest one that is NOT calling itself a "slimming spa".
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    It's temporary at best. The only permanent change will be the loss of money.

This^

Wraps will remove excess water....not fat (unfortunately). If you've got money to burn and want to appear slimmer for a big event it might help. I would just go with Spanx for an event.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Scams!

Spas are wonderful for pampering, but don't pay for it because you believe in the bogus health benefit they always tout. :)
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Sounds expensive. Have you heard of It Works!? Their wraps detox your cells, tighten, tone and firm your skin in as little as 45 mins. I know it sounds crazy but It really works! If you want to try them visit my daughter's website at www.wrapwithbimba.com. You can do these wraps at home. It's easy. Just make sure to drink plenty of water to eliminate the toxins. You skin will feel soft and the cellulite will be less noticeable. Hope this helps.

Oh, those other places suck but whatever you're selling is totally legit right?

Uh huh.

And can you specify what toxins are removed? I'd like an actual list.

OP - ItWorks isn't any better than whatever you're considering right now. Just a money making scheme.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sounds expensive. Have you heard of It Works!? Their wraps detox your cells, tighten, tone and firm your skin in as little as 45 mins. I know it sounds crazy but It really works! If you want to try them visit my daughter's website at www.wrapwithbimba.com. You can do these wraps at home. It's easy. Just make sure to drink plenty of water to eliminate the toxins. You skin will feel soft and the cellulite will be less noticeable. Hope this helps.

Uh huh.

OP - ItWorks isn't any better than whatever you're considering right now. Just a money making scheme.

Yeah it's stuff like this which is exactly why I have always thought it's a scam.
    The only reason I'm considering it is because I've read about some good (small) results that people have had and my ex's cousin worked at one of these spas and swore it worked after going a few times.

• LoraF83
    Options

Uh huh.

Yeah it's stuff like this which is exactly why I have always thought it's a scam.
    The only reason I'm considering it is because I've read about some good (small) results that people have had and my ex's cousin worked at one of these spas and swore it worked after going a few times.

She worked there. Of course she swore it worked. That stuff provides her with a pay check.

• philwrightfitness
    Options
    You will lose pounds or dollars or whatever your local currency is.....
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've seen it work for people but it's temporary. Definitely not fat loss.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I worked in the spa industry for a while.

Wraps are bunk when it comes to long term weight loss.

You'll most likely lose water weight via sweat if it's a heat based wrap.

The treatments are basically someone slathering stuff on you and then putting you in a glorified tarp for a while to shut you up while you sweat everywhere.

Spas are always ready to help you lose money weight.