Happy w/my Breakfast. :)

Options
I rarely feel the urge to gloat about my meal choices - but upon reflection, I'm very happy with my go-to breakfast as of late.

A co-worker has a nutritionist friend that recommended a daily meal plan for her. I was lucky to be able to take a peak and took what made sense to me.

Now, every morning, I start with an under 300-calorie *filling* meal, with room for a healthy mid-morning snack.
  • Egg whites (1/2 cup) & spinach omelette, dash of salt
  • Oatmeal (1/2 cup dry) w/some agave nectar
  • Big cup of coffee, low cal almond milk & agave

267cal total and in disbelief how full I get. It feels super healthy too, and then I snack on some fruit mid-morning to top it off til lunch.

Thanks for reading. This wasn't a "eat this!" post, ha - More of a "yay! I found something that works!" post.

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It feels great to eat foods that are enjoyable AND fit with our goals!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Not to rain on your parade, but 1/2 cup of dry oats is 150 cal - 1/2 cup egg whites is 166 cal for a total of 316 cal before the agave or the almond milk.

My breakfast was a 3 egg omelet w/ cheddar 1 oz - for 391 cal.

1 g carb
    31g Fat
    26 g protein.

cheers
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    http://www.fooducate.com/app#page=product&id=78C2F1CA-B2D6-11E1-882E-1231381BE564 is what I use, so it's 50cal only. Rain away for the sake of truth, though. Appreciated it.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I stand corrected - but I guess part of my point was that my breakfast has 5 times the protein and much more fat than yours and is therefore liable to keep me satiated for longer. It also only required two ingredients.

I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast - food should be enjoyed or else what's the point?