How long does it usually take to start seeing results?

Options
I'm currently 5'5 and about 150lbs, so I'm only slightly overweight, and my goal weight is 125. I've cut my calories to 1300 per day (as instructed by mfp) and i've been getting 30+ minutes of exercise daily. I'm not going to weigh myself yet, because I don't want to be discouraged if I haven't lost anything ( it's been nearly a week). If I weight myself on July 1st, would it be reasonable to expect to have lost 5 pounds by then?

Replies

• CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    It's hard to predict when and how your results will appear. I'd say 5lbs in a month is pretty reasonable amount. My advice is to just put in the effort and stick to it. You might need to vary the times, intensity, and types of exercise you are doing to get the best results. I wish you the best of luck on reaching your goal!!:flowerforyou:
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I also am 5ft5in and started on here at 150, although my heaviest was 160. My goal is also 125. I lost about 2 pounds a week for about 5 weeks so now I am about 140. I seem to be stuck here and I am working my *kitten* off. I feel really good and fit though. The best I have ever been fitness wise as an adult. Still I would like to see that scale move some more.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'd weigh myself now. I dont want to wait another month to see if I'm doing the right thing. Why waste a month?
    Better find out what works for you and do whatever changes are necessary to reach your goal.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh I see your about 22 years younger then me lol. Funny that we have the same goal. You can do it!!! I weigh at least once a week.
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 60 and talking with my friends and friends on here it seems that after 50 you lose more slowlly. I am starting to believe that more important than how much you eat is how much you balance food and exercise. Anyways, it is do able and good luck
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If you aren't seeing at least a one pound weight loss each week right from the start, you will need to reexamine what you are doing and make modifications (not always less calories or more exercise; you might have to back off a little on the exercise and eat a few more calories). In fact, you should see really good results for the first week or so, then it usually tapers off. However, the closer you are to your goal weight at the start means that results are usually slower.