Bread?

Options
1235»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    SantiMig wrote: »
    whole wheat is the WORST!!! High glycemic index. Skip the bread when you can!!!!!!

But you have to judge the glycemic index in the context of a meal (the sandwich) and not just the bread. Once you add fat and protein, the glycemic index of the bread becomes a moot point...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Someone say butter?
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I love bread. My faves are Ezekiel brands or Alvarado St. Bakery brands. Stick to your favorites or branch out. Acg67 said it best. Stick to your faves and try smaller portions. :)

^This. My main breads are the Ezekiel and Alvarado St. Bakery brands too. My favorite is the Alvarado St. Sprouted No-Salt Multi Grain Bread, though I still do indulge in other kinds of breads now and then. I also like to use non-bread alternatives once in a while, like lettuce leafs, cucumber slices and celery, they all make great vessels for your favorite sandwich fillings.

• totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't like using my calories on bread, but I like bread.

I use 35 calorie, whole wheat healthy life bread: http://www.healthylifebread.com . I really, truly like it. I know family wonders how I eat it (though I don't think they have ever tried it... I guess they assume it must be bad/cardboard for 35 calories?), but I love it. I can't taste a difference at all. Honestly.

I don't use it too much though because although I don't have a gluten problem I am slightly convinced that everyone secretly does, and I find that I am much happier (more rational and less emotional) when I am gluten free or at least it is very limited and rare. In that case, I love lettuce wraps or rice bread (though the rice bread I use is about 50 calories...can't find the brand... I just know the packaging).

Lettuce makes a great holder and with Tuna is pretty good.

Hope you find something you are happy with!!