New Lifter - How many Calories?

Options
Hi MFP Friends!

With my racing season brought to an abrupt end (calf strain, no running for 2-4 months). I want to capitalize on my running free months to focus on lifting and dropping fat.

I currently am 5'3 weigh140 lbs, I’ve been as low as 117 lbs as a cardio bunny (1-3 hrs a day cardio) eating 1350 calories/day (so, so skinnyfat) and I want to drop fat again and get down to my former size 2 self (with more muscle) before my marathon training hunger comes back.

I think I’m going to start up stronglifts 5x5 and keep cardio light on the elliptical to keep my endurance (20-40 minute sessions 2-4 times a week) … my question is.. how many calories is reasonable for me to eat that isn’t too little, but will allow me to drop fat?

I’m currently 5’3 140
Stronglifts is 3x a week (might throw in a 4th session)
Cardio 2-4 times a week for 20-40 mins

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Pick a number and see how the weight trends, adjust from there. Aim for .5-1lb a week loss. Numbers will vary for everyone.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Pick a number and see how the weight trends, adjust from there. Aim for .5-1lb a week loss. Numbers will vary for everyone.

Yup this...I currently am eating 2k a day and lifting 4x a week..some light cardio etc and lose just under 1/2lb a week on average..
  • kaylatee0
    kaylatee0 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Yup this...I currently am eating 2k a day and lifting 4x a week..some light cardio etc and lose just under 1/2lb a week on average..

What's your height / weight?