No wonder my weight isnt going bye bye

Options
Just tried out my new heart rate monitor on the treadmill despite the equipment having a built in wireless heart rate monitor that synchronizes with the one around my chest I still burned nearly a hundred calories less according to my watch than what the treadmill claimed. 125 with monitor and 213 on the treadmill counter. Yikes I barely burnedanything after a three quarter mile brisk walk and 1.25 mile jog.

Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know- I have an FT7 and was disappointed to find out how much less I was burning than the equipment indicated. I have to believe the FT7 is more accurate.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i used to use the BodyBugg. regarding exercise- i found that i burned way less than the elliptical said, way more then what the stairmaster said, and the treadmill was rather accurate (i burned less than it said towards the beginning of my run, but then after i got off the treadmill i continued to burn a lot more for the next several minutes- so it evened out). im curious to see what i burn weight training- i need a HRM.

now that u have the HRM- maybe set certain cal goals for your workout- like 500 cals (or whatever u want) a session ?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Before I started using my HRM, my bike ride burns would be calculated at like 900 or 1500 when in reality they were only like 500 max. Makes a big difference when you know exact numbers.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I used to alternate between two cardio machines in the gym which told me two wildly different burn rates for essentially identical efforts. One read literally twice what the other one read. So I assume all numbers are lies and the only way to be sure if I'm getting a good workout is to sense it in me - am I sweating a lot, breathing hard, and struggling to keep up or am I not?
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thats why you shouldn't eat back exercise calories!