Gastric Sleeve Support

I just had the Gastric Sleeve on Sept 29, 2014. Feel free to add me or send me a message. Still getting use to a few things, and what foods I can and can not eat. I try to keep my blog updated as much as I can on my journey so far and what to expect. Thanks!

Replies

• I had mine 3 days ago... Still in a lot of pain at the incision sites especially where they put a staple.... How long before you felt better
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Look for the gastric sleeve group(s).
  • Italianma7
    Italianma7 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm currently in the process of getting mine done. December is my last preop app. I'm so excited! If you don't mind me asking what was everybody's presurgery weight?
  • sunflower625
    sunflower625 Posts: 5 Member
    Mdiddy, I felt better as far as not feeling so much pain by day 5/6, granted i was still taking pain meds, but i wasnt feeling as much pain in general, the soreness of my staples and my stiches didnt go away for about 2 weeks
    Mdiddy812 wrote: »
    I had mine 3 days ago... Still in a lot of pain at the incision sites especially where they put a staple.... How long before you felt better

• ReginaKeat
    ReginaKeat Posts: 43 Member
    I just had a sleeve done this month
    The following are two good groups for suppport
    Gastric ByPass/VSG/LapBand
    VSGers

Most of your questions can be found there
  • Hi Im thinking about getting a gastric sleeve, and will luv to talk to someone that has it... Any one available for chatting? Thanks!!
  • _Divalicious_
    _Divalicious_ Posts: 18 Member
    I am new here and am about to get the sleeve in a couple of month. im in my 4 month monitoring pre-op right now. passed the psyc eval and no comorbidities. Im so excited. Just need to lose some weight before the op to get insurance approved
  • sunflower625
    sunflower625 Posts: 5 Member
    I just had a sleeve done this month
    The following are two good groups for suppport
    Gastric ByPass/VSG/LapBand
    VSGers

Most of your questions can be found there

Thanks!

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    I don't hv the sleeve but was in the process. I stumbled upon a weight loss doctor that decided to try a few other things to discover that my insulin was out of control even though my glucose was fine. Most Doctors only do a glucose lab.

Had I done the surgery, it wouldn't have helped at all. I thank God she discovered my issue first. I've lost 35 pounds so far by cutting carbs and sugar and increasing sodium. I feel amazing and I look so much better now. Good luck on your journeys.